CTCI Spokesperson Name: Todd Chen Job Title: President Ext: 02-2833-9999 # 10095 CTCI Deputy Spokesperson Name: Ming-Cheng, Hsiao Job Title: Executive Vice President Ext: 02-2833-9999 # 10099 E-mail: e-mail: email@example.com
CTCI Image Video
- 2022/06Taiwan: CTCI and Radium Life Tech Jointly Secure BTO Tender to Build Northern Taiwan’s First Water Reclamation PlantTAIPEI, June 14, 2022- Taiwan’s leading engineering, procurement, and construction group CTCI announced today it has secured the tender of Reclaimed Water Build-Transfer-Operate (BTO) Project of North District Water Resources Recycling Center in Taoyuan, jointly with subsidiary ECOVE Environment Services Corp., as well as Radium Life Tech with its 100% subsidiary Rih Ding Circular Economy Investment Holdings Co., Ltd.. The contract, which was signed on June 14, will see the alliance invest in, build, and operate northern Taiwan’s first water reclamation plant for industrial use, slated to begin operations in 2025. With capacity of 40,000 tons per day, the plant will supply reclaimed water to Guanyin Industrial Park and refinery plant in Taoyuan.
The scope of work includes building a new water reclamation plant on existing municipal wastewater treatment plant. In addition, a 30 km-long external water pipeline system will be built. The alliance will set up a concession company called Bao Ding Reclaimed Water Co., Ltd. to be in charge of investment, construction, and operation. The concession will last for 18 years, including 3 years of construction and 15 years of operation. If needed, the plant can be expanded in the future to produce 112,000 tons reclaimed water per day to meet reclaimed water demand and boost economic growth.
The new water reclamation plant comes with educational and green features, including a water technology education pavilion, high proportion of green landscape, and is nominated for silver-grade smart building label. These make the Water Resource Center a place for leisure as well as for environmental education.
This is yet another water reclamation project carried out by CTCI, following Kaohsiung Fengshan River Wastewater Reclamation Unit BTO project, Linhai Wastewater Reclamation Unit BTO project, Chungli Sewerage System BOT project, and STSP Wastewater Reclamation Plant BOT Project. CTCI has over two decades of expertise in wastewater plant engineering, specializing in recycling and reusing municipal sewage and industrial wastewater. The group is committed to delivering the most reliable engineering services globally, and has been the top pick among clients worldwide in business collaboration. CTCI will continue to serve in the interest of global construction, economies, and environmental protection.
- 2022/06Taiwan: CTCI Promises to Fulfil Net-Zero Target, Leading the Engineering Sector Towards Sustainable GrowthTAIPEI, June 9, 2022- CTCI is pleased to announced that it co-organizes with CTCI Education Foundation (CTCI EF) the “Forum on Sustainability and Net-Zero Leaders.” The forum sees CTCI Group Chairman John T. Yu leading top managers in swearing an oath to fulfill net-zero emission target and a vision of delivering “Net-Zero EPC Projects” by joining hands with global clients and supply chain partners.
CTCI has long been a practitioner of sustainability-oriented engineering, aligning its core competencies with efforts in the environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG) dimensions.
Taking this occasion, John T. Yu, Group Chairman of CTCI, expects to communicate externally the company’s determination to realize net-zero emission targets.
He said at the forum, “Faced with a global challenge to transition towards a low-carbon economy, CTCI, as a leader in Taiwan’s engineering sector, is duty-bound to be committed to the sustainability and net-zero emission objectives. In 2021, we have joined the “Taiwan Alliance for Net Zero Emission” and “Association of Taiwan Net Zero Emissions,” committed to achieving net zero emission goal at office premises by 2030 and all projects sites by 2050. This year, we officially partake in the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) and pledge to take actions to minimize carbon emissions and limit global temperature rise to 1.5°C above pre-industrial levels.”
The event aims to consolidate consensus on realizing net-zero EPC projects target for all group colleagues, hence exerting larger influence with the company’s strength in engineering.
The forum also invites Eugene Chien, ambassador-at-large and Chairman of CTCI EF; Yi-Lin Wu, Planning Section Chief of Climate Change Office, Environmental Protection Administration, Executive Yuan; and Jane Huang, Assistant Director at BSI Taiwan, as keynote speakers. These are experts in the field who share on topics of “Road to Net Zero Emissions”, “Taiwan’s Actions to Combat Climate Change and the Net-Zero Challenge,” and “A Sustainable Future: Introduction to International Greenhouse Gas Inventory and Guidelines for a Circular Economy,” respectively.
CTCI has been regarded as a model enterprise for sustainable development, surpassing many other competitors to ranks among the best, and won various domestic and international sustainability awards, including being selected as a constituent stock of DJSI (Dow Jones Sustainability Index) in Emerging Markets category for 7 consecutive years, winning award as among the Top 10 Domestic Companies Sustainability Model Award of Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Awards (TCSA), ranked among top 5% of the Corporate Governance Evaluation by the Financial Supervisory Commission, and obtained the Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility Award by the CommonWealth Magazine and CSR & ESG Award by Global Views Monthly.
- 2022/05Taiwan: An Overview of ECOVE Environment Corporation’s 2022 Annual General MeetingECOVE Environment Corporation held its 2022 Annual General Meeting on May 26, 2022 at 202 Room, Mellow Fields Hotel. During the meeting, the following motions were carried: business report for fiscal year 2021, financial statements, distribution of fiscal year 2021 earnings, amendments of “Articles of Incorporation,” and “The Procedure for Acquisition and Disposal of Assets”.
According to the business report, consolidated sales revenue amounted to TWD 5.955250 billion in 2021, an increase of TWD 317.66 million against 2020. Consolidated net income was reported at TWD 910.816 million, an increase of TWD 68.562 million against 2020. In addition, cash dividend to shareholders of TWD 834,674,594, were approved by the 2022 Annual General Meeting. (TWD 11.99 per share based on 69,614,228 common outstanding shares.) The ex-dividend trading date and the dividend payment date were set to be on July 1 and on July 27, 2022, respectively.
Awards & Certifications
- 2022/06Taiwan: CTCI Corporation Remains Top Contractor in CommonWealth Magazine’s Top 2,000 Enterprises Rankings while Many Group Companies Join the ListAccording to the latest rankings result for top 2,000 Taiwanese enterprises, released by CommonWealth Magazine, seven CTCI Group Companies, including CTCI Corporation, ECOVE Environment Corporation, ECOVE Environment Services Corporation, CTCI Machinery Corporation, CTCI Resources Engineering Inc., CTCI Advanced Systems Inc., and ECOVE Waste Management Corporation, have been chosen as this year’s Top 650 Enterprises in the Service Sector. CTCI Corporation ranks top 5% and remains No.1 in the contractor category. Many other Group companies also remain on other rankings lists.
Rankings are primarily based on revenue scale in 2021. In total, 2,100 companies with excellent performances are selected, and are broken down into three categories, namely “Top 1,350 Enterprises in the Manufacturing Sector,” “Top 650 Enterprises in the Service Sector,” and “Top 100 Enterprises in the Financial Services Sector.”
The following is each Group company’s specific ranking among the top 650 enterprises in the service sector:
- 2022/03Taiwan: Entry of CTCI Wins Top 10 Sustainable Micro Movies of the Year at Taipei Golden Eagle Micro Movie FestivalTAIPEI, March 25, 2022- CTCI is pleased to announced that its entry to 2022 6th Taipei Golden Eagle Micro Movie Festival has been selected as Top 10 Sustainable Micro Movies of the Year. An award ceremony is held online today; on behalf of the company, Todd Chen, Superintendent at CTCI Sustainability & Net Zero Team and CTCI Corporation President, attend the event to receive this honor.
The micro movie festival is organized by Taiwan Institute for Sustainable Energy (TAISE), expecting to utilize the new, visualized form of micro films to encourage the general public to appreciate the CSR efforts made by companies.
The selected entry named “SEE TCI” is the first place winner of CTCI’s “CSR Micro Film Contest” hosted internally and is produced by a CTCI colleague. The film tells the story of an engineer, who, upon joining CTCI, finds companions sharing the same vision to promote sustainability in daily project task implementations, and together they form a team to practice ESG (environmental, social, and governance) responsibilities, promoting CSR with engineering expertise. The work itself conveys to the public CTCI’s strong belief in sustainability actions.
In his acceptance speech, Superintendent at CTCI Sustainability & Net Zero Team and CTCI Corporation President Todd Chen said, “It’s a great honor for our entry to be acknowledge by the judges as Top 10 Sustainable Micro Movies of the Year. This is indeed a tremendous encouragement as it fortifies our resolve to continue our actions of caring for ESG through organization-wide CSR engagement. As our entry has conveyed, CTCI actively proposes energy saving solutions and carbon neutralization plans during the engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) phases for our clients and projects delivered. Our hope is to expand sustainability influence by delivering net zero EPC projects and joining hands with global supply chain partners to protect the Earth we live with green engineering strengths.”
To view CTCI’s winning entry, please click on the link below.
- 2021/03Taiwan: Michael Yang, CTCI Group Vice Chairman, Named as “Distinguished Alumnus of Taiwan Tech”TAIPEI, March 24, 2022- CTCI is pleased to announce that Michael Yang, CTCI Group Vice Chairman, has been named as recipient of “Distinguished Alumnus of National Taiwan University of Science and Technology (also known as Taiwan Tech)” and “Distinguished Alumnus of Taiwan Tech’s School of Management” for his extraordinary contribution to the industry and academia. President of Taiwan Tech Jia-Yush Yen personally handed the awards to Yang during the ceremony which took place on March 19, the day of Taiwan Tech’s school anniversary.
Distinguished Alumnus Awards recipients are determined by an ad hoc committee, which looks at the professional or career achievements of the nominees and their contribution to the alma mater or society.
During his career at CTCI, Yang played key role in helping the Group ascending to no.1 in Taiwan and top 100 worldwide. He also made tremendous effort in the cultivation of talents by serving as a director at the board of CTCI Education Foundation and as the dean of CTCI University. He brought industry and academia closer together by pushing for various programs in fields such as civil engineering, architecture, electrical engineering, and HSE (health, safety, and environment) that saw close collaboration between CTCI and Taiwan Tech, benefitting students, school, and company alike.
In his award acceptance speech, Yang spoke about CTCI Group’s other achievements, including being selected as component of Dow Jones Sustainability Emerging Market indices for the seventh year; as recipient of CommonWealth Magazine’s Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility Award; and as recipient of Top 10 Domestic Companies Sustainability Model Award. Moreover, CTCI supports reduction of carbon emissions by launching “net-zero EPC (engineering, procurement, and construction),” an initiative that seeks to engage all engineering counterparts in Taiwan to aim for net-zero emissions.
There are 270 highly skilled and trusted graduates from Taiwan Tech who currently work at CTCI. CTCI looks forward to recruiting more outstanding professionals who have studied at Taiwan Tech to join “the most reliable global engineering services provider.” Their engineering expertise will bring great benefit to the nation and allow Taiwan to shine on global stage.