Awards & Certifications
- 2020/10Taiwan: CTCI Thailand Celebrates 3 Million Safe Man-Hours for Local Crude Oil ProjectIn another proud achievement signifying CTCI Group’s reliable engineering services, CTCI Thailand has achieved more than 3 million man-hours without lost-time injuries (LTI) so far for the “EPC Main Work for Clean Fuel Project (CFP) Crude Oil Tank Project” near the capital Bangkok.
The clean fuel project, owned by Thai Oil Public Company Limited (Thaioil), is aimed at increasing crude oil refining capacity, producing clean fuel products, and supporting the region’s aviation industry.
CTCI Thailand is responsible for the civil, mechanical, piping, electrical, and instrumental works involving EPCC at Khao Bo Ya Crude Tank Farm and Thai Oil Refinery in Siracha, as well as the interconnecting piping to the CFP refinery, which are all located in Thailand’s Chonburi Province.
As of October 8, CTCI Thailand’s ongoing project has reached 3,342,718 million man-hours without LTI. The achievement was celebrated with trophies and a dinner party at Phairor Restaurant on the same night, attended by CTCI Thailand’s project team and Thaioil’s key figures in this project, including Project Advisor Khun Suthi, and Construction Manager Khun Chaiya.
According to CTCI Thailand, such remarkable achievement is the result of strictly following CTCI’s health, safety, and environment (HSE) policies and procedures, as well as applying behavior-based safety program and life-saving rules to CTCI employees and subcontractors alike, with regular monitoring.
CTCI Thailand will remain committed to delivering reliable services to the owner until the very end, when the project is expected to be completed in March 2021.
- 2020/10Taiwan: CTCI Group Chairman John T. Yu Ranked by Harvard Business Review as Taiwan Top 100 Best-Performing CEOs for the Third Time(Taipei) October 8, 2020— For the third time in a row, CTCI Group Chairman John T. Yu has been selected as 2020’s Taiwan Top 100 Best-Performing CEOs by Harvard Business Review (traditional Chinese version), a prominent business magazine, which held the award ceremony today. This marks Mr. Yu’s superior leadership and business performance.
The “Taiwan Top 100 Best-Performing CEOs” survey is conducted by the world-acclaimed Institut Européen d'Administration des Affaires (French for “European Institute of Business Administration,” commonly known as INSEAD) along with Eleven Strategy & Management consulting firm, based on impartial and objective data.
These best-performing managers are recognized for their outstanding long-term business performances and capability in generating solid profits for shareholders, given the fact that the two evaluation criteria are the company’s return on equity during a candidate’s term of office and changes in the company’s market capitalization.
CTCI Group Chairman John T. Yu stated in the interview that CTCI has been able to increase its competitiveness because of exceptional management, resulting in stable operational and financial performances. In turn, this will allow the company to march towards the goal of sustainable management. Notably, due to CTCI’s successful countermeasures, the company’s global operations remain uninterrupted despite the rampant COVID-19 pandemic. The recently secured big contracts have helped CTCI break its past records in terms of single contract value and reach its NT$100 billion contract goal for 2020 well in advance.
Under the sound leadership of Mr. Yu, CTCI has exceled in financial performance and risk management, paving the way for its vision of sustainable operations.
- 2020/09Taiwan: Three CTCI Companies Again Awarded for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility by CommonWealth MagazineCommonWealth Magazine, a prominent Taiwanese magazine publisher, has announced the results for its 2020 Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility Award, in which three CTCI companies have made the list. CTCI Corporation has climbed up to 16th place in the large enterprise category, an improvement from previous year, while ECOVE and CTCI ASI ranked 3rd and 10th place, respectively, in the medium-sized enterprise category. The result is a recognition of CTCI’s endeavor to fulfill corporate social responsibility by utilizing its core competencies.
Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility Award selects top 100 performing companies based on four criteria, namely “corporate governance,” “corporate commitment,” “social participation,” and “environmental protection.”
For five years in a row, CTCI has been selected as a component of Dow Jones Sustainability Emerging Markets Index, and is the first and only engineering firm in Taiwan so far selected. It also ranks among top 5% five times in the Corporate Governance Evaluation conducted by Taiwan Stock Exchange, and is a constant winner of Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Awards (TCSA).
To realize its vision of enrooting engineering education and making bigger engineering influence, CTCI recently founded “CTCI University,” an online education platform. On the other hand, CTCI Education Foundation has been making unceasing efforts in terms of “sustainable development,” “youth empowerment,” and “international perspective” to honor CTCI’s CSR commitment. Besides, CTCI continues to apply its core competence in green engineering technologies in order to provide customers with energy-saving solutions that are economically viable, thus enhancing the green competitiveness of the engineering industry.
ECOVE, an affiliate of CTCI under Group Resource Cycling Business (GRCB), has ranked among top 3 performers in the medium-sized enterprise category for five years in a row. Starting out as a waste management and incineration business operator, ECOVE has actively played a role in Taiwan’s environmental education as promoter of waste reduction, in line with Taiwanese government’s policy. ECOVE’s colleagues design diverse environmental education courses, which includes visits to Energy-from-Waste plants operated by ECOVE. In addition, it has launched a 3-year program called "Step by step: Factories for Sustainable Environmental Education," which takes the initiative to reach out to Taiwan's elementary schools and teach our future leaders about sustainable lifestyle, and thereby spreading its business influence.
CTCI ASI under CTCI’s Group Intelligent Solutions Business (GISB) once again ranks among top 10 in the medium-sized enterprise category for fulfilling CSR with its core competencies, “smart plants and smart transportation.” Its data management technology provides clients with optimized and safe energy management solutions for further industrial transformations. Meanwhile, it has actively engaged in talent cultivation through industry-academy cooperation and industry partnerships.
As a leader in Taiwan’s engineering industry, CTCI Group is committed to contributing to sustainable development by utilizing its four core competencies, namely “green engineering,” “smart plants,” “intelligent EPC,” and “circular economy,” combining the synergistic efforts of all group companies. It will continue to strive for a balance between business development, environmental protection, and social participation.
- 2020/07Taiwan: CTCI Receives OSHA’s Gold Award for Excellent Man-Hour Record without Lost Time InjuriesBy holding “safety as the first priority” as core value of CTCI’s Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) policy, we have been dedicated to providing our staff with a safe and secure workplace. We are pleased to announce that CTCI headquarters is now certified with a record of 49.09 million man-hours without lost time injuries from January 2007 to December 2019. Thanks to our exceptional performance, we received a gold award from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Ministry of Labor.
OSHA’s Award for Excellent Man-Hour Record without Lost Time Injuries aims to promote occupational HSE awareness for employers and employees alike and to encourage public institutions to implement self-management to achieve zero accident objective. The award was presented to CTCI by Industrial Safety and Health Association of the R.O.C. (Taiwan), authorized by OSHA.
CTCI will continue to enhance the functionality of the HSE management system as well as encourage organization-wide engagement to prevent occupational hazards. We will also enhance all staff’s safety and health awareness, firmly commit to the “safety first” policy, so that we can create a safer and healthier workplace to honor our brand value of being the most reliable global engineering services provider.
- 2020/06Taiwan: CTCI Corporation Remains Top Contractor in CommonWealth Magazine’s Top 2,000 Enterprises Survey while Many Group Companies Join the ListSeven CTCI Group Companies, including CTCI Corporation, ECOVE Environment Corporation, ECOVE Environment Services Corporation, CTCI Machinery Corporation, CTCI Resources Engineering Inc., CTCI Smart Engineering Corporation, and ECOVE Waste Management Corporation, are chosen as Top 650 Enterprises in Service Sector, as CommonWealth Magazine’s Top 2,000 Enterprises Survey results show this May. CTCI Corporation garners top 5% and remains No.1 in the contractor category. Many other Group companies also remain on other rankings lists.
Rankings are primarily based on revenue scale in 2019. In total, 2,100 companies with excellent performances are selected, and are further broken down into three categories, namely “Top 1,350 Enterprises in Manufacturing Sector,” “Top 650 Enterprises in Service Sector,” and “Top 100 Enterprises in Financial Services Sector.” The following is each Group company’s specific ranking among the top 650 enterprises in service sector:
- 2020/06Taiwan: Three TWSE/TPEx Listed CTCI Companies Celebrate Back-to-Back Victories as Top 5% Performers in the 6th Corporate Governance EvaluationIn the 6th Corporate Governance Evaluation by Taiwan Stock Exchange (TWSE) and Taipei Exchange (TPEx), three listed companies of CTCI Group (CTCI Corp., CTCI Advanced Systems, ECOVE) finished among the top 5% of the TWSE and TPEx listed categories. In addition, CTCI Corp. and ECOVE finished among the top 10% of listed companies in the non-finance and non-electronics industry category with a market capitalization of TWD 10 billion or more. The two evaluations are divided into 7 and 5 notches respectively, with CTCI companies rated at the highest notches in both categories.
This year's evaluations were carried out using 85 indicators in 4 major dimensions: equal treatment for shareholders and protecting their rights and interests, enhancing board structure and operation, increasing information transparency, and putting corporate social responsibility into practice. A total of 1,600 companies, including 901 TWSE listed companies and 699 TPEx listed companies, were evaluated. Once again, the awards are recognition of CTCI's efforts in operational performance, corporate governance, and corporate social responsibility.
As a leader in Taiwan's engineering industry, CTCI continues to hold fast to its "Most Reliable" brand spirit to improve its corporate governance, and strives for sustainable business performance. Through the promotion of "Total Participation CSR Excellence Practice," CTCI has incorporated corporate social responsibility fulfillment into its business strategies and provided clients with optimized engineering series by utilizing its core competencies. This has been done by balancing the economic, social, and environmental developments as part of the contribution towards global sustainability. Its outstanding performances have been recognized in several domestic and foreign evaluations, including: being chosen as one of the constituent stocks in Dow Jones Sustainability™ Emerging Markets Diversified Index for five consecutive years; being awarded with Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility Award by CommonWealth Magazine; and being awarded with the Ten Most Sustainable Company Awards by Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Awards (TCSA).
- 2020/02Oman: CTCI Breaks Safety Record in LPIC EPC1 Steam Cracker with Off-Site Work & Utilities Project, Achieving 70 Million Man-hours without Lost Time InjuriesCTCI and McDermott joint venture contracted LPIC EPC1 Steam Cracker with Off-Site Work & Utilities Project by Oman Oil Refineries and Petroleum Industries Company (ORPIC) in Liwa Plastics Industries Complex (LPIC). The team successfully broke a new safety record of 70 Million Man-hours without Lost Time Injuries in February this year following the over 60 Million Man-hours without Lost Time Injuries record reached in September 2019 for onsite HSE management performance.
The safety record has been accumulated from Apr. 2016 till Feb. 2020. CTCI and its JV partner McDermott demonstrate excellent project integration and execution capabilities. Even at the onset of the commissioning stage, when major milestones including Cryogenic Flare Light Up, Boiler A Light Up, and Ethylene Import were performed, the project team managed to deliver high HSE performance in compliance with related onsite regulations, further attaining a record of 70 Million Man-hours without Lost Time Injuries. CTCI is committed to attaining the goal of no hurt by joining hands with its business partners and subcontractors.
- 2020/01Taiwan: ECOVE, A Company of CTCI, Becomes the First Taiwanese Solar PV Investor to Join US-Based Green-e® Energy Certification ProgramECOVE Solar Energy Corp., an affiliate of ECOVE under the parent company CTCI, announced that its Lumberton Solar Photovoltaic Power Plant (PVPP) in the USA is taking part in the Green-e® Energy Certification Program on Jan. 1. ECOVE becomes Taiwan’s first solar PV investor participating in the international certification program, enabling the company to continuously strengthen efficiency and quality of renewable energy, as well as further position itself in the green energy trading market through participation in an impartial third-party verification program.
ECOVE possesses extensive experience in investment, development, construction, and operation of solar PVPPs in Taiwan and the US. Currently, all ECOVE’s solar-power plants have cumulatively generated about 130 million kWh of green electricity and reduced 73,000 metric tons of carbon emission. In the future, it will keep expanding businesses in renewable energy sectors and make contributions to environmental protection.
ECOVE’s Lumberton Solar Plant, the 3rd largest investment of Taiwanese business in the eastern US, occupies an area of 165,000 m² in the state of New Jersey, and generates about 12,000 MWh of green energy annually, the Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) are also sold to Solar Renewable Energy Certificate (SREC) market in New Jersey. Lumberton Solar PVPP has contributed to the reduction of environmental warming According to the ASSEMBLY RESOLUTION No. 249 of New Jersey Legislature, ECOVE’s Lumberton Solar Plant was introduced and commended as follows:
“In 2016, Taiwan G.D. Development Corporation (Note: former name of ECOVE Solar Energy Corporation) completed the Lumberton Solar Power Plant, generating 12,000 MWh of green energy and reducing 23,000 metric tons of carbon emission annually.” (kindly refer to: https://legiscan.com/NJ/text/AR249/id/1621523)
Green-e® Energy is an independent third-party certification program for renewable energy around the world. All the requirements stipulated by the standard must be met before Green-e® Energy is used for marketing by participants. The US-based NGO Center for Resource Solutions (CRS) administers the Green-e® program, which helps to increase the quality and transparency of renewable energy offered to consumers and businesses. Currently, more than half of voluntary renewable energy sales in the US market are verified and certified through CRS.
CRS is promoting Green-e™ Energy certification program in Taiwan and developing the Green-e Renewable Energy Standard For Taiwan ROC. As Taiwan’s leading company in the Solar PV industry, ECOVE is approved by CRS to use the Green-e® Energy logo in the US; ECOVE will share its experience with the industry peers, and makes contribution to enhancing efficiency and quality in Taiwan’s renewable energy services in coming days.