- 2021/04The US: CTCI Opens New Office in Arizona to Provide Semiconductor EPC ServicesTaiwan’s engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) contractor CTCI announced today that it has set up a new office in Phoenix, Arizona to provide EPC services for a major Taiwanese semiconductor company.
This is CTCI’s second subsidiary office in the USA, the other being in Houston, Texas. CTCI is now expanding its services scope to include high tech plant EPC, in addition to its existing hydrocarbon, power, resource cycling, and intelligent services. For this purpose, CTCI has now established a new business operations called Advanced Technology Facilities Business Operations (ATFBO) since early of this year.
ATFBO will focus to deliver EPC integrated solutions for the semiconductors, communications, optics business, and computer & accessories segments.
Since founding its subsidiary company CTCI Americas in 2010, CTCI has gained strong presence in the US market and securing key contracts for Formosa and Gulf Coast Growth Ventures (GCGV) project. CTCI’s office in Phoenix demonstrate our commitment to diversify the business growth opportunities in USA and deliver service excellence to our ATFBO customers.
- 2021/03Taiwan: CTCI Cares for ESG with Company-Wide CSR EngagementCTCI launched a one-month event called “CSR Achievements Exhibition” at its headquarters in Taipei, Taiwan on March 31, 2021. The event will showcase CTCI’s performance on environmental, social, and governance (ESG) aspects. Also included in the event are a series of activities to raise employees’ awareness on corporate social responsibilities (CSR), and encourage their participation.
With a vision of becoming a guardian of the Earth through sustainable, innovative, and green engineering, CTCI has for many years dedicated itself to global sustainability with its core competencies. Important achievements include:
• Incorporated into Dow Jones Sustainability Emerging Markets Index for 6 consecutive years, number 2 in the global engineering sector.
• A- in CDP climate change evaluation, or leadership level.
• Level A in MSCI’s ESG evaluation.
• Outstanding Professional in Global Corporate Sustainability Awards.
• 18 Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Awards, including Top 10 Domestic Companies Sustainability Model Awards.
• CommonWealth Magazine’s Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility Award.
The event was kicked off with a lighting ceremony attended by top executives of CTCI business operations and colleagues, followed by a fantastic short clip showing CTCI’s achievements.
“CSR and sustainability issues now play a major role in company management,” says John T. Yu, CTCI Group Chairman. “CTCI’s goal is to become more competitive through CSR and make CSR part of our DNA. To do so, we continue to turn our four competencies— ‘green engineering, smart plant, resource cycling, and intelligent EPC’— into sustainable practices that are aligned to ESG aspects.”
“Moreover, CTCI set up ESG Committee under the board last year (2020). Supervised by the Chairman of the Board and other board members, the President of CTCI Corporation is charged with the task to work with ESG task force to outline sustainable development strategies and action plans. Brand Management Department, or the CSR management unit, had its name changed to Sustainability & Brand Department as a sign to assume more responsibility in promoting sustainability. We will be ever more determined and committed to CSR,” Yu added.
A series of fun activities to celebrate this event include: CSR Challenge, Most Popular CSR Microfilm Poll, Most Popular CSR Moment Entry Poll, and Sustainable Development Goals Photo Shots. These will serve as reminder to CTCI employees that they shall stay innovative and pursue sustainability at work.
- 2021/03Taiwan: Partner with CTCI, Better Together: 2021 CTCI Global Supplier Meeting Successfully Conducted OnlineIn hopes to collaborate with global partners to fulfill corporate social responsibility and exert collective al influences, CTCI held 2021 Supplier Meeting on the topic of “Partner with CTCI, Better Together” on March 25, 2021. This year, as a preventive measure for COVID-19 pandemic, the meeting was hosted online.
Via this meeting, CTCI expects to build consensus and grow together with our suppliers in environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG) aspects to attain sustainable development on a global scale.
A total of 170 senior executives of 107 suppliers from Taiwan, China, Japan, South Korea, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, the U.S., Germany, France, Italy, Saudi Arabia, and Oman, were invited to participate in the meeting online. CTCI Corporation President Todd Chen and Vice President of the Procurement Division Ting-Chuang Li were present at the meeting to welcome global suppliers. The senior managers specifically introduced CTCI’s policies on quality management, health, safety, and environment (HSE) management, procurement operation procedures, as well as future outlooks for supplier management measures.
Also, an award ceremony was held to recognize outstanding performers with distinctive awards, ”Vendor of the Year” and “One Team,” offering CTCI’s sincere appreciation to their efforts and support to build shared consensus and even closer partnership.
CTCI has been dedicating to corporate sustainability actions with contributions aligning with its core competencies in engineering services worldwide. It has been consecutively selected as a constituent of Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI). In 2020, for the first time in history, it has been selected as one of the “Best Taiwan Global Brands 2020” for exceptional brand performance. As a member of the global village, CTCI will continue refining supplier sustainability management practices and assist suppliers to enhance conducts in corporate social responsibilities fulfilment.
Awards & Certifications
- 2020/12Taiwan: CTCI Corporation Proud to Be Part of LPIC Project, Hydrocarbon Processing’s Top Project Awards WinnerCTCI Corporation is pleased to announce that the Liwa Plastics Industries Complex (LPIC) petrochemical project in Sohar, Oman, in which CTCI Corporation plays a substantial role in engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC), has recently been selected by the prestigious Hydrocarbon Processing magazine as the winner of Top Project Awards 2020. This fantastic recognition demonstrates CTCI Corporation’s professional and reliable capabilities in delivering world-class EPC services.
The US$6.5 billion LPIC project is one of Omani government’s major downstream projects to help diversify the nation’s products portfolio. The complex features 800,000-tpy steam cracker, high-density polyethylene (HDPE) and low-linear-density polyethylene (LLDPE) plants, a 300,000-tpy PP plant, MTBE and pygas units and additional processing units. The owner, Oman Oil Refineries and Petroleum Industries (ORPIC), began commissioning activities on the facility in May.
CTCI Corporation and CB&I (which later merged into McDermott International) formed a joint-venture, or CCJV, in 2015 to carry out one of the four EPC projects on the complex, or LPIC EPC1-870 KTA Steam Cracker Project. Scope of work included steam cracking units for the main process, pygas unit, MTBE unit, API tank, sphere tank, bullet tank, desalination, wastewater treatment, spent caustic treatment, and incinerator. Lummus-licensed technologies was used for the ethylene cracking process.
Highlights of CTCI Corporation’s achievements include all-time high record of 77 million man-hours without lost-time injury, efficient construction methods and project management, and innovative solutions, such as spent caustic treatment.
The award result comes from the poll of thousands of the magazine’s readers over the course of two months. The winners and nominees of the Top Project Awards will have considerable impact on the hydrocarbon processing industry, according to the magazine.
LPIC project and Visakh Refinery Modernization project in India are the winners of this year’s Top Project Awards in petrochemical and refining categories, respectively. Three other petrochemical projects and four refining projects were also nominated for the Award.
For detailed report, please refer to the following link: https://www.hydrocarbonprocessing.com/magazine/2020/december-2020/ihydrocarbon-processingi-top-project-awards-2020/ihydrocarbon-processingi-top-project-awards-2020
- 2020/12Taiwan: CTCI Group’s Sustainable Engineering Makes Global Impact: Group Vice Chairman Michael Yang Receives K. T. Lee Administration AwardCTCI Group is pleased to announce that Michael Yang, CTCI Group Vice Chairman, has been given the K. T. Lee Administration Award on December 5 for his superb leadership, which saw CTCI Group wield global influence through sustainable engineering.
CTCI Group Vice Chairman says: “The honor of this award goes to everyone who works at CTCI Group. Without their hard work, we could not have come so far. I will continue to lead our team, steer the way towards technological innovations, sharpen our skills, and help CTCI become ‘the most reliable global engineering services provider,’ so that the whole world can see what Taiwan is capable of in engineering.”
Organized by Chinese Management Association, K. T. Lee Administration Award is a recognition given to those who have had excellent contributions and tangible performance in administrative education, promotion of administrative practices, or managerial roles. It is by far one of the most valued and credible awards in Taiwan.
CTCI Group, the largest engineering contractor in Taiwan and top 100 in the world, is committed to providing quality and environment-friendly engineering worldwide. For the last four decades, it has garnered affirmations and recognitions from well-known clients in Taiwan and abroad for its “most reliable” engineering services. With around 40 operation bases in more than ten countries, its track records can be seen across Asia, the Middle East, and the Americas. Being the only Taiwanese company that can compete against companies from Europe, the US, Japan, and South Korea in global engineering markets, it is recognized not only for steady revenue growth but also for sustainable administration performance. CTCI Group pledges to keep on offering high-quality and reliable engineering services worldwide.
- 2020/11Taiwan: CTCI Remains Engineering Leader with 18 Corporate Sustainability Awards, President Tsai Hands Outstanding Professional Award to Group Chairman YuOn Nov. 18, 2020, Taiwan Institute for Sustainable Energy has announced the results of 2020 Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Awards (TCSA) and Global Corporate Sustainability Awards (GCSA) selections. CTCI, the largest global engineering, procurement, and construction group in Taiwan, continues to be the top winner in the engineering industry category, bagging 18 awards.
John T. Yu, CTCI Group Chairman, has been selected as GCSA Outstanding Professional for his superior leadership and performance. Tsai Ing-wen, President of the Republic of China (Taiwan), handed the award to Yu during awards ceremony on November 18.
CTCI Group exceled in the awards selection thanks to the performance of three of its companies, CTCI Corporation, ECOVE Environment Corporation, and CTCI Advanced Systems Inc. (CTCI ASI). Notable awards received by the three companies include: Top 10 Domestic Companies Sustainability Model Awards (CTCI Corporation), Circular Economy Leadership Awards (ECOVE Environment Corporation), and Growth through Innovation Awards (CTCI ASI).
CTCI Group has been frequently praised for its dedication to innovating corporate values and increasing its impact on global sustainability through engineering.
Yu says: “CSR (corporate social responsibility) is not just about making donations to charities, but is also about transforming the CSR spirit into the company’s core competitiveness and striving to make it a part of CTCI’s corporate DNA.”
For CSR ideals to be ingrained, CTCI has aligned its business operations with the United Nation’s Sustainability Development Goals (SDGs), set up “Sustainability and Brand Department,” and pursued company-wide sustainability actions through “Total Participation CSR Excellence Program.” In so doing, it is seeking engineering solutions to cope with sustainability challenges.
After the awards ceremony, Ming-Cheng Hsiao, CTCI Group Shared Services CEO, delivered a keynote speech at the Global Corporate Sustainability Forum, addressing CTCI’s actions to fulfill its vision of “becoming a guardian of the Earth by employing innovative green engineering technologies.”
This year, CTCI Corporation once again receives TCSA’s “Top 10 Domestic Companies Sustainability Model Award” thanks to its continued innovations in engineering services and green engineering applications, such as intelligent EPC (iEPC) technologies, which helped drive Taiwan’s competiveness in the global engineering market.
ECOVE Environment Corporation is honored with TCSA’s “Circular Economy Leadership Award” for its commitments to the circular economy, providing services ranging from waste management, Energy-from-Waste (EfW), solar power, to resources recycling and reuse. It obtained the world’s first BS8001:2007 Circular Economy Certification, and has been actively supporting environmental education in Taiwan.
CTCI ASI is the winner of “Growth through Innovation Award” for its smart Industry 4.0 solutions. The optimized energy management solutions for smart plants and transportation have assisted industries in technological upgrading, further consolidating CTCI ASI’s position as an intelligent solutions brand.
To date, CTCI Group has received numerous recognitions for its CSR efforts, including being selected as component of Dow Jones Sustainability Emerging Markets Index and Taiwan Sustainability Index (TWSI); received good ratings from Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) and Morgan Stanley Capital International’s (MSCI) ESG rating; and won Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility Award, a prestigious award given by CommonWealth Magazine.
Committed to realizing its brand spirit as the most reliable global engineering services provider, CTCI will continue to make positive impact in the economic, social, and environmental aspects, while joining hands with business partners to promote sustainable development.
CTCI Spokesperson Mr. Todd Chen President Tel: +886-2-2833-9999 # 10238 CTCI Deputy Spokesperson Mr. Ming-Cheng, Hsiao Executive Vice President Tel: +886-2-2833-9999 # 10099 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org