Awards & Certifications
- 2020/07Taiwan: CTCI Receives OSHA’s Gold Award for Excellent Man-Hour Record without Lost Time InjuriesBy holding “safety as the first priority” as core value of CTCI’s Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) policy, we have been dedicated to providing our staff with a safe and secure workplace. We are pleased to announce that CTCI headquarters is now certified with a record of 49.09 million man-hours without lost time injuries from January 2007 to December 2019. Thanks to our exceptional performance, we received a gold award from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Ministry of Labor.
OSHA’s Award for Excellent Man-Hour Record without Lost Time Injuries aims to promote occupational HSE awareness for employers and employees alike and to encourage public institutions to implement self-management to achieve zero accident objective. The award was presented to CTCI by Industrial Safety and Health Association of the R.O.C. (Taiwan), authorized by OSHA.
CTCI will continue to enhance the functionality of the HSE management system as well as encourage organization-wide engagement to prevent occupational hazards. We will also enhance all staff’s safety and health awareness, firmly commit to the “safety first” policy, so that we can create a safer and healthier workplace to honor our brand value of being the most reliable global engineering services provider.
- 2020/06Taiwan: CTCI Corporation Remains Top Contractor in CommonWealth Magazine’s Top 2,000 Enterprises Survey while Many Group Companies Join the ListSeven CTCI Group Companies, including CTCI Corporation, ECOVE Environment Corporation, ECOVE Environment Services Corporation, CTCI Machinery Corporation, CTCI Resources Engineering Inc., CTCI Smart Engineering Corporation, and ECOVE Waste Management Corporation, are chosen as Top 650 Enterprises in Service Sector, as CommonWealth Magazine’s Top 2,000 Enterprises Survey results show this May. CTCI Corporation garners top 5% and remains No.1 in the contractor category. Many other Group companies also remain on other rankings lists.
Rankings are primarily based on revenue scale in 2019. In total, 2,100 companies with excellent performances are selected, and are further broken down into three categories, namely “Top 1,350 Enterprises in Manufacturing Sector,” “Top 650 Enterprises in Service Sector,” and “Top 100 Enterprises in Financial Services Sector.” The following is each Group company’s specific ranking among the top 650 enterprises in service sector:
- 2020/06Taiwan: Three TWSE/TPEx Listed CTCI Companies Celebrate Back-to-Back Victories as Top 5% Performers in the 6th Corporate Governance EvaluationIn the 6th Corporate Governance Evaluation by Taiwan Stock Exchange (TWSE) and Taipei Exchange (TPEx), three listed companies of CTCI Group (CTCI Corp., CTCI Advanced Systems, ECOVE) finished among the top 5% of the TWSE and TPEx listed categories. In addition, CTCI Corp. and ECOVE finished among the top 10% of listed companies in the non-finance and non-electronics industry category with a market capitalization of TWD 10 billion or more. The two evaluations are divided into 7 and 5 notches respectively, with CTCI companies rated at the highest notches in both categories.
This year's evaluations were carried out using 85 indicators in 4 major dimensions: equal treatment for shareholders and protecting their rights and interests, enhancing board structure and operation, increasing information transparency, and putting corporate social responsibility into practice. A total of 1,600 companies, including 901 TWSE listed companies and 699 TPEx listed companies, were evaluated. Once again, the awards are recognition of CTCI's efforts in operational performance, corporate governance, and corporate social responsibility.
As a leader in Taiwan's engineering industry, CTCI continues to hold fast to its "Most Reliable" brand spirit to improve its corporate governance, and strives for sustainable business performance. Through the promotion of "Total Participation CSR Excellence Practice," CTCI has incorporated corporate social responsibility fulfillment into its business strategies and provided clients with optimized engineering series by utilizing its core competencies. This has been done by balancing the economic, social, and environmental developments as part of the contribution towards global sustainability. Its outstanding performances have been recognized in several domestic and foreign evaluations, including: being chosen as one of the constituent stocks in Dow Jones Sustainability™ Emerging Markets Diversified Index for five consecutive years; being awarded with Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility Award by CommonWealth Magazine; and being awarded with the Ten Most Sustainable Company Awards by Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Awards (TCSA).
- 2020/02Oman: CTCI Breaks Safety Record in LPIC EPC1 Steam Cracker with Off-Site Work & Utilities Project, Achieving 70 Million Man-hours without Lost Time InjuriesCTCI and McDermott joint venture contracted LPIC EPC1 Steam Cracker with Off-Site Work & Utilities Project by Oman Oil Refineries and Petroleum Industries Company (ORPIC) in Liwa Plastics Industries Complex (LPIC). The team successfully broke a new safety record of 70 Million Man-hours without Lost Time Injuries in February this year following the over 60 Million Man-hours without Lost Time Injuries record reached in September 2019 for onsite HSE management performance.
The safety record has been accumulated from Apr. 2016 till Feb. 2020. CTCI and its JV partner McDermott demonstrate excellent project integration and execution capabilities. Even at the onset of the commissioning stage, when major milestones including Cryogenic Flare Light Up, Boiler A Light Up, and Ethylene Import were performed, the project team managed to deliver high HSE performance in compliance with related onsite regulations, further attaining a record of 70 Million Man-hours without Lost Time Injuries. CTCI is committed to attaining the goal of no hurt by joining hands with its business partners and subcontractors.
- 2020/01Taiwan: ECOVE, A Company of CTCI, Becomes the First Taiwanese Solar PV Investor to Join US-Based Green-e® Energy Certification ProgramECOVE Solar Energy Corp., an affiliate of ECOVE under the parent company CTCI, announced that its Lumberton Solar Photovoltaic Power Plant (PVPP) in the USA is taking part in the Green-e® Energy Certification Program on Jan. 1. ECOVE becomes Taiwan’s first solar PV investor participating in the international certification program, enabling the company to continuously strengthen efficiency and quality of renewable energy, as well as further position itself in the green energy trading market through participation in an impartial third-party verification program.
ECOVE possesses extensive experience in investment, development, construction, and operation of solar PVPPs in Taiwan and the US. Currently, all ECOVE’s solar-power plants have cumulatively generated about 130 million kWh of green electricity and reduced 73,000 metric tons of carbon emission. In the future, it will keep expanding businesses in renewable energy sectors and make contributions to environmental protection.
ECOVE’s Lumberton Solar Plant, the 3rd largest investment of Taiwanese business in the eastern US, occupies an area of 165,000 m² in the state of New Jersey, and generates about 12,000 MWh of green energy annually, the Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) are also sold to Solar Renewable Energy Certificate (SREC) market in New Jersey. Lumberton Solar PVPP has contributed to the reduction of environmental warming According to the ASSEMBLY RESOLUTION No. 249 of New Jersey Legislature, ECOVE’s Lumberton Solar Plant was introduced and commended as follows:
“In 2016, Taiwan G.D. Development Corporation (Note: former name of ECOVE Solar Energy Corporation) completed the Lumberton Solar Power Plant, generating 12,000 MWh of green energy and reducing 23,000 metric tons of carbon emission annually.” (kindly refer to: https://legiscan.com/NJ/text/AR249/id/1621523)
Green-e® Energy is an independent third-party certification program for renewable energy around the world. All the requirements stipulated by the standard must be met before Green-e® Energy is used for marketing by participants. The US-based NGO Center for Resource Solutions (CRS) administers the Green-e® program, which helps to increase the quality and transparency of renewable energy offered to consumers and businesses. Currently, more than half of voluntary renewable energy sales in the US market are verified and certified through CRS.
CRS is promoting Green-e™ Energy certification program in Taiwan and developing the Green-e Renewable Energy Standard For Taiwan ROC. As Taiwan’s leading company in the Solar PV industry, ECOVE is approved by CRS to use the Green-e® Energy logo in the US; ECOVE will share its experience with the industry peers, and makes contribution to enhancing efficiency and quality in Taiwan’s renewable energy services in coming days.