- 2019/11Taiwan: ECOVE Builds Taoyuan’s Largest Public Photovoltaic Facilities at Cingpu Depot, Supplying for 1,040 Households Yearly with Green PowerOn Nov. 20, ECOVE, a company of CTCI’s Group Resource Cycling Business, announced that it has secured a photovoltaic project at Taoyuan Metro Cingpu Depot after completed the Luzhu Photovoltaic Plant. The Cingpu Photovoltaic Plant is scheduled to completed by June of 2020, and will be Taoyuan’s largest public photovoltaic facilities, generating 3,780MWh green power which could supply for 1,040 households yearly and cutting down 2,000 metric tons of carbon emission annually, equivalent to the amount of carbon dioxide absorbed by 7.6 Taipei Da'an Forest Parks.
ECOVE possesses extensive experience of investment, development, construction, and operation of solar power plants in Taiwan as well as US market. So far, the Company has completed projects which generate a total of 130 million kWh power and cuts down 73,000 metric tons of carbon emission. The total installed capacity ranks first place in the industry in Taiwan, which could help ease the power strain during peak hours and make a contribution to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
In response to the government’s renewable energy target of achieving 20% renewable electricity generation by 2025, ECOVE actively utilize idle space to build photovoltaic facilities. By cooperating with Taoyuan Metro, ECOVE’s Luzhu Photovoltaic Plant has worked well since June of 2019, and the Cingpu Photovoltaic Plant will go into operation on June of 2020. By the time, the above two plants will account for 5,820MWh power and cuts down 3,079 metric tons of carbon emission annually; thus, Taoyuan Metro will be the nation’s biggest MRT system with the maximum amount of solar power generation, according to an official statement from ECOVE at the commencement ceremony of the Cingpu Photovoltaic Plant on Nov. 20.
In addition to Luzhu and Chingpu photovoltaic projects, ECOVE has long been engaged in cooperation with Kaohsiung Rapid Transit Corporation, Taiwan High Speed Rail Company, Hualien County Gov't, Civil Aviation Administration, and Taiwan Port Corp. to develop investment in photovoltaic power system. With the abundant experience, ECOVE will continue to support renewable energy projects with actions to reach the goal of sustainable energy development.
- 2019/10Taiwan: Dedicated to Development of Smart Engineering Applications, CTCI Signed a LOI with NCKUTaiwan’s biggest EPC turnkey services contractor, CTCI, and National Cheng Kung University (NCKU) signed a memorandum of Letter of Intent (LOI) on October 31 to work jointly in smart engineering, smart plant, green resources technologies, big data analysis, etc. CTCI looks forward to enhancing capabilities in intelligent applications, strengthening international competitiveness, and jointly cultivating talents in Artificial Intelligence, IoT, data analysis, information/communication, and engineering technology.
The signing ceremony was held at the headquarters of CTCI and was signed by John T. Yu, Group Chairman of CTCI, and Dr. Huey-Jen Su, President of NCKU. Guests attending the ceremony include Group Second Vice Chairman Andy Sheu, Executive Supervisor Hwei-Nan Yih, GISB CEO Wu Kuo-Ann, GRCB CEO J. J. Liao, GSS CEO Ming-Cheng Hsiao, Chief HR Officer Connie Lin, CRO of Group Research & Innovation Center Casey Yeh, Dr. Hsieh Sun-Yuan, NCKU Vice-President for Research and Development Office, and Professor Cheng, Fan-Tien, Chair of NCKU Intelligent Manufacturing Research Center.
John T. Yu said that over the past few years, CTCI had been actively introducing various intelligent technology applications into turnkey engineering. Its purpose is to build a digital innovation and intelligent engineering platform exclusively operated by CTCI with iEPC intelligent turnkey plant service.The iEPC version 1.0 stage is scheduled to be accomplished in 2020. It is believed that with this cooperation model, the goal of intelligentization of CTCI's iEPC turnkey engineering will be accelerated. CTCI will encourage all units of the Group to interact with NCKU in various smart application fields, including smart engineering, smart plant, green resources technologies, big data analysis to accelerate the process of group intelligentization, and jointly cultivate talents in engineering.
Dr. Huey-Jen Su, President of NCKU, said that smart technology is one of the development goals of NCKU. She believed that cooperation with CTCI would bring new inspirations to NCKU, and NCKU will also be the best partner for CTCI in Taiwan. In the future, the Global Research & Industry Alliance at NCKU will serve as a bridge between CTCI and NCKU to make communications more smoothly. By providing students with internship opportunities at CTCI, CTCI may recruit NCKU's talents, realizing the vision of being "The Most Reliable Global Engineering Services Provider".
- 2019/10Taiwan: CTCI Participates in 2019 CSR Captain Program—Autumn Action to Share CSR Best Practices2019 CSR Captain Program-- Autumn Action co-hosted by CTCI Education Foundation and Center for Corporate Sustainability has been successfully held on October 19th, 2019. The course drew 52 participants forming 13 teams from 11 schools, 10 countries. Totally 4 enterprises with recognized CSR practice were invited to shares their CSR efforts. On behalf of the company, General Manager Mei-Chen Hu, Brand Management Department, attended the event and shared how CTCI implements CSR practices centered on its brand spirit of being the “Most Reliable” as a business established for 40 years on the topic “CTCI 40 Years, CSR Excellence Practice for All”. With sustainability focused corporate governance, management, and promotion of total participation CSR excellence practice, CTCI has been able to deliver exemplary CSR practices by linking its engineering expertise to UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as a global citizen. For this reason, CTCI has been selected in the Emerging Markets index for 5 years in a row and honored with various sustainability related awards. CTCI is a winner of the REBRAND 100® Global Awards for successful brand transformation.
Also at the event, experts shared with students the global SDGs development trend and instructed them in writing of “2019 CSR Captain Program-Autumn Action Caption Report”. Through cases sharing, we at CTCI hope to allow the students to generate ideas for sustainable development of enterprises. The students, in turn, will bring the concept of sustainability back to school and practice it in actions.
Awards & Certifications
- 2019/12Taiwan: CTCI Honored with Four Awards in “Public Constructions Golden Quality Award,” the Highest Honor in Public Construction WorksWinners of the 19th Public Constructions Golden Quality Award (2019) organized by the Public Construction Commission, Executive Yuan, has been announced; the award is recognized as the highest honor in public construction works nationally. Three projects executed by CTCI REI and CTCI SEC have won four excellence awards, once again demonstrating the “Most Reliable” engineering service quality.
‧“San-Chung District, San-Chung Commercial and Industrial Vocational High School Underground Parking–EPC Project” contracted by CTCI REI awarded for construction excellence
This is an EPC project for a new-construction of two-story underground parking lot. CTCI REI skillfully integrates green energy and smart solutions to help New Taipei City build a “breathable” smart parking lot. In order to implement the green energy design concept – “energy-saving, resource-saving, and low pollution”–, we used a ground-cutting method and placed it with a ventilation lighting well that connects to the 2nd underground floor to bring wind, sunshine and plantation directly into the parking space. The thin-layered green roof with elevated-stone floors and rainwater recycling ponds at the bottom of the lighting well floor, can achieve multiple benefits such as landscaping, walking safety, and rainwater recycling. The smart parking management system used for the parking management can provide services such as auto car-search, parking vacancy guidance system (lot occupancy detection, parking lane guidance), smart toll system, etc., to provide the first fully equipped parking lot in New Taipei City. In addition, Building Information Modeling (BIM) was also introduced right at the design stage, and the construction 3D model was used to assist the design and construction interface to effectively improve construction safety inspection and work efficiency. The completion of this project, aside from easing the local neighborhood parking demand preserving campus green space and the foundation for future academia building, has created a multi-win situation for the school and the community.
‧“The Planning, Design and Supervision of the Reconstruction Project of Huaxing Bridge in Chiayi City” contracted by CTCI REI awarded for civil engineering design excellence
Before reconstruction, the bridge was often closed due to typhoon, which had a huge impact on the local traffic.
CTCI REI collected the hydrological data of Puzi River basin over the years and deliberated with relevant units to provide the best reconstruction plan for Huaxing bridge in the planning stage, including heightening the bridge beam bottom and straightening the route to improve the traffic safety and enhance the flood control during the flood season. During the construction stage, the old bridge was open to alleviate the traffic congestion and sidewalks were added to reduce the impact on pedestrians. In the bridge construction stage, BIM was introduced to build 3D model to solve the construction conflict points so as to improve the quality of the project. After the completion of the bridge piers, adjustment of Puzi River channel was made to decrease the impact of flood on piers and increase the durability of bridges. Art installations representing local culture were decorated on the completed bridge. In addition to improving the safety and quality of life of the residents, the beautiful light sculpture at night has also made the bridge a popular local Facebook check-in location.
‧“The Social Housing of North of Zhongyang New Village in Xindian District” contracted by CTCI SEC awarded for construction excellence
As a multi-family residential project combined with ecological wisdom, CTCI SEC reviews the pipeline with BIM model, effectively reducing the possibility of construction conflicts and design changes. Besides, equipment information has been imported into BIM model to expedite management efficiency and assist future takeover and maintenance
Equipped with dedicated water meter room on the roof floor, the building successfully avoids the mess of roof pipes and provides residents a more comfortable and restful farm space which sets a precedent for multi-family dwelling. In addition, the building has also won the honor of Green Building Gold Label, Intelligent Building Copper Label, and candidate of Certificate for Universal Design.
As an intelligent building, a variety of smart technology applications, including License Plate Recognition System, small scale weather station, multi-media digital signage and smart meters have been integrated with community-specific app system. Likewise, for green energy use, charging equipment for electric vehicles and motorcycles as well as solar panels are implemented; furthermore, rainwater harvesting system is applied to the sprinkler irrigation system. Once completed, the building could provide various services for residents, including public daycare facilities for the handicapped and elderly, and shopping areas.
- 2019/11Taiwan: CTCI Once Again Wins “The Most Prestigious Sustainability Awards-- Top Ten Domestic Corporate”: three CTCI Listed Companies Honored with 17 Awards in TCSA & GCSAWinners of 2019 Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Awards (TCSA) and Global Corporate Sustainability Awards (GCSA) have been announced. This year, the three CTCI listed companies, CTCI Corp., ECOVE, and CTCI ASI have been honored with totally 17 awards in TCSA and GCSA, breaking CTCI’s records.
In terms of TCSA, CTCI Corp., which connects corporate sustainability management practices with corporate operations, demonstrates superior sustainability performance in a global scale, and is once again recognized as one of the winners for “The Most Prestigious Sustainability Awards-- Top Ten Domestic Corporate”. It is also the only engineering firm selected for this honor in Taiwan. While for ECOVE, it has obtained the world’s first BS 8001 certification in circular economy for performances in areas of EfW and waste management, photovoltaic plants, and recycling. It has thus won the “Circular Economy Leadership Awards”. CTCI ASI, on the other hand, has been developing industrial energy management system and promoting smart plants and smart transportation in sync with the industry 4.0 trend, assisting in innovative industrial upgrade, thus it has become a benchmark for intelligent solutions in Taiwan. For this, CTCI ASI earns itself the recognition of “Growth through Innovation Award”. Last but not least, CTCI’s English corporate sustainability report, for the first time, is recognized with the “Reporting” award by GCSA. Acting proactively on sustainability in every discipline, CTCI has established itself as a model in the industry.
CTCI Group Chairman John T. Yu attends the award ceremony on Nov. 28 and accepts the award from Chen Chien-Jen, Vice President of ROC, Taiwan. Mr. Yu, talking about CTCI’s sustainability efforts, declares that “For CTCI, CSR is not just about contributing money for charity, it is to transform it into the company’s core competiveness and strive to make it a part of its corporate DNA”. To realize this idea, CTCI has devised a Sustainable Development Vision to be attained by 2025 from three major aspects, Economic, Environmental, and Social dimensions, which helps CTCI to respond to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) with tangible actions. Besides, it has been promoting “Total Participation CSR Excellence Practice” among its colleagues, brining all staff together in refining four areas of CTCI’s core expertise, Intelligent EPC (iEPC) services, smart plants, circular economy, and green engineering. With the total participation CSR practice, CTCI expects to foster economic and industrial development while executing projects in an eco-friendly manner.
CTCI fulfills corporate social responsibility in every aspect. Aside from pursuing business growth, its practice in economic, environmental, and social dimension has been recognized by many sectors, and has created stellar records in TCSA and GCSA. It has been selected as a component in the Emergent Markets index for Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) for five consecutive years (2015-9), ranks third place in Engineering & Construction Industry globally; other honors include being listed in Taiwan Sustainability Index (TWSI) and winning Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility Awards by CommonWealth Magazine.
- 2019/10Taiwan: ECOVE, a CTCI Company, Honored with Technology Contribution Award, a Special Award Recognized by CTCI Foundation at Its 60 AnniversaryECOVE, a CTCI company, is dedicated to improving resource cycling efficiency and offering tailor-made solutions to waste treatment. It has been honored with “Technology Contribution Award" from CTCI Foundation for providing safe, highly- efficient, and stable operating services in the industry. The award ceremony was held on Oct. 4 at Marriott Hotel, Taipei. On behalf of ECOVE, Associate Chief Engineer Yi Ching-Yun and Principal Engineer J. W. Chang accept the honor from Vincent C. Siew, former Vice President of the Republic of China, Taiwan.
Founded in 1959, CTCI Foundation commits itself to introducing cutting-edge knowledge of science and technology, cultivating scientific talents, and promoting prosperity. To celebrate its 60th anniversary and recognize individuals and groups making significant contributions to the country, the Foundation organized a "Science and Technology Contribution Award" with award ceremony held on October 4.
Since 2003, ECOVE has been operating Tainan Science Park Resource Recycling Center (hereinafter referred to as “the Center”), a comprehensive hazardous and special waste treatment plant, the engineering design, planning, and construction work of which implemented by ECOVE’s mother company, CTCI Corp., and ran without any unscheduled shutdown or work accident for 15 consecutive years. For this O&M project, ECOVE applies technical knowhow to advance efficiencies and provide total solution to hazardous and special waste treatment, including incineration, solidification, physicochemical treatment, and landfill. After taking over the plant, ECOVE has been actively creating an ecological environment for the Center and has won the“ROC Enterprise Environmental Protection Award-- Silver Award” for the third consecutive year. With effective O&M service, ECOVE has played an indispensable role in making the Tainan Science Park industry chain staying focused on R&D and production works to enhance productivity to the nation.
The project team, consists of 9 ECOVE employees, has decided to devote the proceeds (NTD$200,000) to CTCI Education Foundation for supporting engineering education, talent cultivation, and sustainable environment.
CTCI Spokesperson Name: Ming-Cheng, Hsiao Job Title: Executive Vice President Ext: 02-2833-9999 # 10099 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org CTCI Deputy Spokesperson Name: Patrick Lin Job Title: Chief Financial Officer Ext: 02-2833-9999 # 16011 e-mail: email@example.com