- As instructed by Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA) of the R.O.C., an engineering consulting institute was planned to be established.
- During the first planning meeting, it was resolved that an institute formally named “China Engineering Consultants, Inc. ”would be established in the form of a foundational juridical person, and a petition for establishing the institute was submitted by 12 participating corporations to the MOEA.
- The second planning meeting was convened, during which the principles of business contracting was drawn up.
- During the third planning meeting, “China Engineering Consultants, Inc.” was renamed as “China Technical Consultants, Inc.” (abbreviated as CTCI) and donated by 12 corporations including state-owned and privately-owned businesses. Totally TWD240 thousand was donated with 7 board directors elected.
- In the first board meeting held, Mr. Zhu Qian was elected as the Chairman and Mr. K. C. Wang as President.
- CTCI formally established with the initial premise registered at the building of Taiwan Association of Machinery Industry located at No.110, Huaining St., Zhongzheng Dist., Taipei City, Taiwan (R.O.C.). The initial business was focused on consultation services.