News / Announcements
- 2020/06CTCI Corporation Remains Top Contractor in CommonWealth Magazine's Top 2,000 Enterprises Survey while Many Group Companies Join the ListSeven CTCI Group Companies, including CTCI Corporation, ECOVE Environment Corporation, ECOVE Environment Services Corporation, CTCI Machinery Corporation, CTCI Resources Engineering Inc., CTCI Smart Engineering Corporation, and ECOVE Waste Management Corporation, are chosen as Top 650 Enterprises in Service Sector, as CommonWealth Magazine’s Top 2,000 Enterprises Survey results show this May. CTCI Corporation garners top 5% and remains No.1 in the contractor category. Many other Group companies also remain on other rankings lists.
Rankings are primarily based on revenue scale in 2019. In total, 2,100 companies with excellent performances are selected, and are further broken down into three categories, namely "Top 1,350 Enterprises in Manufacturing Sector," "Top 650 Enterprises in Service Sector," and "Top 100 Enterprises in Financial Services Sector." For each Group company's specific ranking, please see attachment.
- 2020/06Time to Pass On a Legacy and Elect New Successors to Ensure Our Everlasting Growth: Tea Party Ends in SuccessEstablished over 40 years ago, CTCI has come a long way to become Taiwan’s No. 1 and one of the Top 100 engineering services providers worldwide. To ensure our everlasting growth through leadership transitions, the board of directors have made a decision during CTCI Corporation’s board meeting on May 28 to promote CTCI Corporation President Michael Yang to become CTCI Corporation Chairman, and CTCI Corporation Executive Vice President Todd Chen to become CTCI Corporation President. The former CTCI Corporation Chairman, John T. Yu, as the head of CTCI Group, will continue to serve as Group Chairman and lead the Group’s Executive Committee in setting the Group’s visions, long-term goals, brand image, and corporate culture, while also supervising and assessing the development and performance of our three business groups and the Group Shared Services (GSS) for its sustained growth.
At this critical moment of leadership transition, the company has organized a tea party on June 8, inviting over 100 participants, including senior managers of our Group in Taiwan, young potential talents, and the chairmen/presidents of our overseas subsidiaries (via video conferences) to join this historic event. At the tea party, a video featuring past leaders of CTCI had been played to allow everyone to review CTCI’s history together.
Welcomed by a big round of applause, Group Chairman John T. Yu addressed in his opening speech that leadership transition is always a manager’s responsibility. The two successors are professional managers nurtured by CTCI from the very beginning. They are passionate, talented, aggressive, and are always willing to take on a challenge despite the risks. With these attributes, they have earned trust and respect, and have been chosen as successors to shoulder much heavier responsibilities. Offering congratulations to the newly elected leaders and to CTCI for keeping with the tradition of entrusting professional managers in running our company, Chairman Yu also expects the new management team to “lead by example, have moral integrity, be smart and wise, while staying just, open, and fair in every action taken.” That way, the new management team may continue to deliver CTCI’s engineering expertise to where it is needed most, and let every colleague share the pride as the world gets to know Taiwan’s engineering strengths.
The newly elected Chairman Michael Yang expressed his deep appreciation to the support and recognition from the Group Chairman and the Board. He mentioned that over the past forty years, he has only been able to conquer numerous tough challenges with the guidance of predecessors and the joint efforts of all colleagues. Now that he has taken up the heavy responsibilities, he will hold fast to the spirit of innovation and courage to make breakthroughs, dedicating to opening new perspectives for CTCI together with all staff.
The new CTCI Corporation President Todd Chen stated in his inaugural address that "transition in leadership" shall not be confined to any particular posts; instead, every single colleague has responsibility to pass down his/her experiences to successors. Shouldering new responsibilities, President Chen will spare no effort to strengthen communications across project teams and supporting departments, furthering realization of teamwork, so that the precious expertise and experiences could be passed down, and that the corporate culture of "professionalism, integrity, teamwork, and innovation" would be incorporated into day-to-day works. President Chen expects to pass the legacy on for generations to come, and to contribute himself to achieve sustainable growth for CTCI based on all colleagues' collective effort.
The inaugural addresses were followed by a 15-minute open discussion session, attended by Group Chairman Yu, CTCI Corporation Chairman Yang, and CTCI Corporation President Chen. During the session, representatives of the young potential talents took the chance to ask about the key to success, the inner journeys these top managers went through up until being chosen as successors, and methods to enhance personal capabilities. The discussions were enthusiastic and the top managers had given their feedbacks unselfishly. The tea party ended in a lively and friendly fashion. Once again, in line with its proud tradition, CTCI has completed leadership transition, something which every CTCI colleague takes pride for. The new management team will continue to lead CTCI towards realizing the vision of being "the most reliable global engineering services provider."
- 2020/5CTCI Takes Part in 2020 CSR Captain Program-Spring Action to Share CSR Best Practices OnlineThe 2020 Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Captain Program-Spring Action workshop, co-hosted by CTCI Education Foundation, Center for Corporate Sustainability, and I-Shou University, ended successfully on May 2. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the workshop this year was held online for the first time. In total, 60 students coming from 10 universities and colleges, and divided into 15 teams, joined the event to learn about CSR practices of three benchmark companies. Candy Hu, General Manager of Brand Management Department at CTCI, talked about how CTCI fulfills its corporate social responsibilities by aligning to the CTCI's “the Most Reliable” brand spirit. Now in the 40th year since its founding, CTCI has adopted total participation CSR excellence practice based on its core competencies, and aggressively strives for a sustainable vision built upon economic, environmental, and social aspects, as well as a vision that calls for “becoming a guardian of the Earth with innovative green engineering technologies."
During the workshop, experts taught students how to write CSR Captain Program reports based on the "Task Force on Climate Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) mock risk assessment” framework. The workshop aims for creativity flourishing among students and to see interesting proposals. Final presentation and awards ceremony will be held on May 30. It is believed that these rich and practical courses will allow students to have better idea of sustainability and corporate social responsibility.
- 2020/4ECOVE Transforms Idle Landfill into Photovoltaic Power Plant: Jing-Liao PV Plant in Tainan Now in Commercial OperationECOVE, Taiwan's largest environmental resource management corporation under the parent company CTCI, announces that it has completed the synchronization of a photovoltaic (PV) power plant at the Jing-Liao Landfill in Tainan City. As Taiwan’s leading company in the solar power sector, ECOVE invested and constructed Jing-Liao Photovoltaic Power Plant, which is expected to generate 1,080 MWh of green power, enough to supply about 300 households and cut down 575 metric tons of carbon emissions annually. This is equivalent to the amount of CO₂ that can be absorbed by 1.4 Da'an Forest Park, the largest park in Taipei.
In recent years, Tainan City Government endeavors to promote multiple land uses and produce green energy on idle lands. In collaboration with the city government, ECOVE has engaged in a series of projects to plan, invest, construct, and operate photovoltaic power facilities at idle landfills; up till today, it has completed 12 photovoltaic power constructions, including Xin-Ying Plant, Cheng-Hsi Plant, Yan-Shui Plant, Ma-Dou Plant, and Jing-Liao Plant. In total, the 12 power facilities can generate up to 19,000 MWh of green power, enough to supply 5,225 households and cut down 10,127 metric tons of carbon emissions annually. This is equivalent to the amount of CO₂ that can be absorbed by 26 Taipei Da'an Park.
In Taiwan, a small island with high population density, acquiring land for installing PV power plants is not easy. That is why ECOVE chooses idle landfills as building sites for PV power plants, offering merits of land revitalization, low pollution, and green energy generation. In the coming days, ECOVE will continue to support the government in renewable energy projects to achieve the green energy goal.
- 2020/2CTCI Acquires Ho-Ping Power Plant No.2 AQCS Retrofit EPC Project, Improving Air Quality with Green Engineering TechnologiesCTCI, Taiwan's largest EPC contractor, has long been committed to utilize green engineering technologies to EPC project executions at Taiwan and abroad, striving for continual improvement in our environment. Its efforts have recently been reaffirmed with the contract award of Ho-Ping Power Plant No.2 Air Quality Control Systems (AQCS) Retrofit EPC Project. The project is scheduled to be completed in Q2 of 2021, and will help to upgrade air pollution prevention efficiency for the existing power plant. Upon project completion, the air quality in Hualien area will be improved as the air quality of Ho-Ping Power Plant being raised.
Located in Hualien, Ho-Ping Power Plant is an independent power producer (IPP) and the largest power plant in eastern Taiwan with annual power generation up to 1,320MW, combining two sets of coal-fired supercritical units with 660MW capacity each. CTCI once provided engineering and construction service of Ho-Ping Power Plant back in 1999, which helped stabilize the power supply in Taiwan. With Ho-Ping Power Plant's continuous investment in retrofits of existing air quality control systems, CTCI has been selected as the contractor for related service, beating strong competitors in the bid evaluation process for having superior air pollution control technologies and track records in power plants.
The engineering of the project starts from January 2020. To ensure the normal operation of the power plant, the retrofit work will be conducted during the annual overhaul of No.2 Unit. Major project scope includes new Wet Electrostatic Precipitator (WESP), new Non-leakage Gas Gas Heater (MGGH) system, system upgrade/revamping of Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR), Flue Gas Desulfurization (FGD) and Induced Draft Fan (ID Fan) to reduce Sulfur Oxides (SOx), Nitrogen Oxides (NOx) and Total Suspended Particulates (TSP). Once all are in place, the figures of air pollution emissions will be lower than EPA's strict standards, and the overall air pollution performance of the plant will be considerably enhanced.
CTCI has a strong track record in power plant projects with service scope encompassing engineering design, procurement, construction, and commissioning (EPCC), completing major power plant project worldwide, from Taiwan, China, Thailand, the Philippines, to the US. It has extended services to environmental engineering, air pollution control, dedicated to lowering environmental impact arising from industrial development. With the brand spirit of being the “Most Reliable,” CTCI envisions to apply green engineering and sustainable principles across our work to strike a balance between economic growth and environment.
- 2020/2CTCI Breaks Safety Record in LPIC EPC1 Steam Cracker with Off-Site Work & Utilities Project, Achieving 70 Million Man-hours without Lost Time InjuriesCTCI and McDermott joint venture contracted LPIC EPC1 Steam Cracker with Off-Site Work & Utilities Project by Oman Oil Refineries and Petroleum Industries Company (ORPIC) in Liwa Plastics Industries Complex (LPIC). The team successfully broke a new safety record of 70 Million Man-hours without Lost Time Injuries in February this year following the over 60 Million Man-hours without Lost Time Injuries record reached in September 2019 for onsite HSE management performance.
The safety record has been accumulated from Apr. 2016 till Feb. 2020. CTCI and its JV partner McDermott demonstrate excellent project integration and execution capabilities. Even at the onset of the commissioning stage, when major milestones including Cryogenic Flare Light Up, Boiler A Light Up, and Ethylene Import were performed, the project team managed to deliver high HSE performance in compliance with related onsite regulations, further attaining a record of 70 Million Man-hours without Lost Time Injuries. CTCI is committed to attaining the goal of no hurt by joining hands with its business partners and subcontractors.
- 2019/8"2019 Youth Sustainability Leadership Program" Held by CTCI EF, Center for Corporate Sustainability & Taiwan Institute for Sustainability Foundation--Opening Up New Opportunities for Sustainability"2019 Youth Sustainability Leadership Program" organized by CTCI EF, Center for Corporate Sustainability (CCS) & Taiwan Institute for Sustainability Foundation (TAISE) was held during July 30 to August 2. Totally 36 students from 27 colleges/universities in Taiwan participated in this training program for four days and three nights. The program aims to put forward proposals for the UN's 2030 agenda for Sustainable Development and its 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). CTCI GSS CEO Ming-Cheng Hsiao and CTCI EF&TAISE Chairman Eugene Chien, ambassador-at-large, were invited to attend the opening and gave a welcoming address to the students, expecting them to exert influence as the younger generation, opening up new opportunities for sustainability globally. At the closing ceremony, Eugene Chien, ambassador-at-large conferred "Youth Sustainability Leadership Scholarship" to teams demonstrating outstanding performance.
This is the third term for this program, and to enable students to better understand the current international sustainability issues and SDGs, apart from training courses, for the first time, an "Innovative Proposals Development" course--a group competition for proposals on SDGs, was organized. The course combines a book published this year by CTCI EF, "U's Sustainable Development Goals—Philosophy and Practice for Sustainable Industries", which explores four sustainability topics, food & agriculture, energy, city & transportation, as well as health & welfare. Hopefully, this would help strengthen the students' leadership, encourage them to utilize what they have learned, plus innovative thinking, and contribute a share to promote sustainability globally.
- 2019/7"2019 Taiwan in My Eyes--120h"—Summer Action Held by CTCI EF Concluded with Success: Let the World See Efforts by Taiwan Business to Realize SDGsThe event concluded on July 19 at CTCI headquarters, on which a Results Presentation event and award ceremony was held. Students shared in Chinese and English their observations and reflections during the 5-day, 120h exploration trip across Taiwan visiting enterprises across sectors with exemplary performance in promoting United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The students also record what they see in social media to share with their peers, voicing Taiwan's SDG performance worldwide. At the event, CTCI EF and CCS Chairman Eugene Chien conferred "CTCI Exchange Scholarships" to winning teams to recognize their efforts to enhance Taiwan’s visibility in sustainability development and explore the diversity of Taiwan.
- 2019/7"2019 Taiwan in My Eyes--120h" Event: Multi-national Students Voice to the World the Sustainable Operations of TaiwanA nationwide campaign "2019 Taiwan in My Eyes 120h—Summer Action" co-organized by CTCI Education Foundation and Center for Corporate Sustainability was launched on July 1 at CTCI headquarters. Participants are composed of 7 native Taiwanese and 21 foreign students from 12 countries in 6 universities. The event is focused on the exploration of Sustainable Development Goals of United Nations. CTCI Group Chairman John T. Yu & CTCI EF and TAISE Chairman Eugene Chien both were invited to attend the opening and gave a welcoming address to the students and wished them to grasp this opportunity to observe/share Taiwan’s sustainability practices with peers worldwide within the 5-day, 120h campaign via social media like Facebook.
During the five days, students are invited to visit several benchmark enterprises to see Taiwan's international engineering expertise, sustainable practices of energy transition, ecological footprint of textile manufacturing, waste resource cycling, and innovative technology development in central Taiwan. It is expected that trough the on-site visit, students will observe, exchange ideas, discuss and record what they see with their peers and most importantly, effectively promoting Taiwan's strength for sustainable development.
- 2019/05Three CTCI Listed Companies Evaluated as Top 5% of the 5th Corporate Governance EvaluationIn the 5th Corporate Governance Evaluation by Taiwan Stock Exchange (TWSE) and Taipei Exchange (TPEx), three listed companies in CTCI Group (CTCI Corp., CTCI Advanced Systems, ECOVE) finished in the top 5% of the TWSE and TPEx listed categories. In addition, CTCI Corp. and ECOVE finished in the top 10% of listed companies in the non-finance and non-electronics industry with a market value of 10 billion TWD or more. ECOVE is the only TPEx listed company to be ranked in this category. The two evaluations above are divided into 7 and 5 levels respectively, with CTCI placing at the highest level in both. The awards ceremony was held on May 28th. Executive Vice President of CTCI, Ming-Cheng Hsiao, the Chairman of CTCI Advanced Systems, Teng-Yaw Yu, and the Chairman of ECOVE, Jun-Jer Liao, were present to accept the awards.
This year's evaluations were mainly carried out using the 172 indicators in 4 major dimensions: protecting shareholders' rights and interests, equal treatment, enhancing board structure and operation, increasing information transparency, and putting corporate social responsibility into practice. A total of 1,554 companies, including 868 TWSE listed companies and 686 TPEx listed companies, were evaluated. The awards recognize CTCI's efforts in several areas including operational performance, corporate governance, and corporate social responsibility.
As a leader in Taiwan's engineering industry with the "Most Reliable" brand spirit, CTCI continues to improve its corporate governance and strives for sustainable business performance. Through the promotion of "Total Participation CSR Excellence Practice," corporate social responsibility is incorporated into CTCI's business strategy. CTCI’s core professional technologies enable it to provide the world with the best engineering services and improve the competitiveness of domestic industries. This is done without neglecting economic, social, and environmental developments as part of the contribution towards global sustainability. Its outstanding performance has been recognized in several domestic and foreign evaluations, including constituent stocks in DJSI Emerging Markets Index for 4 consecutive years, top 40 constituent stocks for listed companies in the 1st Taiwan Sustainability Index, Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility Award by CommonWealth Magazine, and Most Prestigious Sustainability Awards—Top Ten Domestic Corporate in Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Awards.
- 2019/05CTCI Retained Top 1 in the Contractor Sector in 2019 Top 2000 Enterprises Survey of CommonWealth Magazine with Various CTCI Companies ListedThis May, the results of CommonWealth Magazine's 2019 Top 2000 Enterprises Survey were released. As the outcome indicated, seven CTCI constituent companies, including CTCI Corporation, ECOVE Environment Corporation, ECOVE Environmental Services Corporation, CTCI Machinery Corporation, CTCI Smart Engineering Corporation, CTCI Advanced Systems Inc., and ECOVE Waste Management Corporation were listed in the Top 650 Service Enterprises in its respective industry. According to the survey, CTCI Corporation ranks at the top 5% in the Top 650 Service Enterprises list, and has retained Top 1 in the contractor sector. With outstanding business performance, ECOVE Waste Management Corporation ascend the list for the first time.
The ranking released on May 2019 was based on the consolidated revenues and profits of the companies for the year 2018. CommonWealth Magazine selects Top 1,350 Manufacturing Enterprises, Top 650 Service Enterprises and Top 100 Financial Institutions, and totally there are 2,100 excellent companies.
- 2019/03CTCI 40 Years, Partner for Sustainability: 2019 CTCI Global Supplier Meeting Concluded with SuccessAt its 40th anniversary since establishment, CTCI has made considerable contribution in engineering developments both at home and abroad and won international recognition for its brilliant corporate social responsibility obligation performances over the years. In hopes to collaborate with its supplier partners to fulfill corporate social responsibility and exert their collective global influences, CTCI held a "CTCI 40 Years, Partner for Sustainability" 2019 CTCI Supplier Meeting on March 28, 2019. Via this meeting, CTCI expects to build consensus, grow together, and create innovative opportunities in terms of environment, economic, and social sustainability development orientations with its suppliers.
A total of 70 suppliers from 19 countries, which are Taiwan, China, Thailand, Japan, Singapore, the U.S., South Korea, Germany, Malaysia, the Philippines, Saudi Arabia, India, the U.K., Belgium, Finland, France, Spain, Switzerland, and Australia, were invited to participate, with 113 high-level executives of these suppliers attending the meeting. CTCI Group Vice Chairman Michael Yang, President of EPC Operations Todd Chen, and Vice President of the Procurement Division Ting-Chuang Li represented the company to welcome global suppliers at the event. During the meeting, CTCI specifically described its policies on quality management, safety, health and environment policies, procurement operation procedures, and supplier management, as well as providing its future business outlooks. Also, memorial trophies were conferred to outstanding suppliers to recognize their efforts and support, aiming to build consensus and create intimate partnership opportunities.
As a member of the global village, CTCI has continued to fulfill its corporate social responsibility while pursuing enterprise growth in hopes to achieve corporate social responsibility with its partners together. In the future, in addition to establishing sustainable supplier chain development strategies, CTCI will continue to counsel and assist suppliers to enhance their international capabilities. Meanwhile, it will also enhance awareness and corporate social responsibility executions via continuous sharing and advocacy. The goal is to enable the global suppliers and CTCI to grow together, and jointly move towards the path of sustainability.
- 2019/01"2019 Taiwan in My Eyes--120h" Event Starts at CTCI HQ on Jan. 21: Students from 22 Countries Voice to the World the Sustainable Operations of TaiwanA nationwide campaign "2019 Taiwan in My Eyes-- Sustainability Tactics" ers. The event is focused on the exploration of Sustainable Development Goals of United Nations. CTCI Group Chairman John T. Yu & CTCI EF and TAISE Chairman Eugene Chien both were invited to attend the opening and gave a welcoming address to the students at the opening and wished them to grasp this opportunity to observe/share Taiwan's sustainability practices with peers worldwide within the 5-day, 120h campaign.
This campaign has been held for the 4th time and the response is incredible. For the recent session, participants are composed of 12 native Taiwanese and 36 foreign students from 22 countries in 11 universities. Aside from self-selected sites visits to explore Taiwan's sustainability dimensions, during the five days, students also visit several benchmark enterprises to see Taiwan's international engineering expertise/track record, sustainable practices of semiconductor industry, ecological education, transformation of the hydrocarbon industry, and innovative technology development in central Taiwan. It is expected that trough the on-site visit, students will observe, exchange ideas, discuss and record what they see in social media with their peers and most importantly, effectively promoting SDGs education worldwide.
- 2018/11A Model of Green Engineering: CTCI HQ Building Certified to Green Building Labels by EEWH System of Taiwan and The U.S. LEEDAs the bellwether of Taiwan’s engineering industry, CTCI not only engages in the promotion of green engineering that minimalize the environmental impact but has been trying to make its Taipei HQ building greener with its core engineering expertise. Following its certification to EEWH System’s Green Building Renovation (2015 Edition), Bronze level of Taiwan, CTCI HQ Building has been certified to LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold certificate for Building Operations and Maintenance: Existing Buildings by the U.S. Green Building Council, verified by Green Business Certification Inc.
CTCI HQ building, which was planned, designed, and constructed by CTCI itself, has a total area of 42,084 m2, including 17 floors on the ground and 3 floors underground. Originally, the engineering design of the building has encompassed various energy saving measures, including scheduling controls of elevators, roller blind, VRF (Variable Refrigerant Flow), and lighting. Additionally, greenery (vegetation planting) is practiced at the building roof to reduce temperature of the building; rainwater harvesting system and automatic sensor water taps are adopted to make water use smarter. In mid-2017, CTCI launched a green building project, and through the installation of Mr. Energy 50001, it is able to smartly control and manage the related data for the ventilation, lighting, sockets, elevators at each floor of the building. All lighting facilities at the office area have been replaced with LED light tubes to save electricity use. With a year of hard efforts, it was certified by EEWH System’s Green Building Renovation (2015 Edition), Bronze level of Taiwan in August 2018, and further certified to LEED's Gold certificate for Building Operations and Maintenance: Existing Buildings November of the same year; LEED is the most widely applied and sustainable green building rating system certification by the U.S. Green Building Council.
LEED has been widely applied by advanced countries in recent years, while it is considered the most comprehensive and influential standard for green building evaluation, it is listed as an essential requirement for public buildings by state governments of the US and some Asian countries including Taiwan consider the certification as an important indicator for large scale public and office buildings. The certification of CTCI HQ building successfully demonstrates the company’s efforts and determination to contribute to green engineering with its expertise.
- 2018/11CTCI Listed in DJSI – Once Again Winning The Most Prestigious Sustainability Awards - Top Ten Domestic Corporate in TaiwanCTCI has enhanced industry competitiveness with core engineering expertise and collaborated with international and domestic partners to realize its green commitments. Key forces that can change society have been brought together. CTCI has long dedicated itself in CSR, having been listed on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) for fourth consecutive years between 2015 and 2018. In the Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Awards (TCSA) of 2018, CTCI once again received the highest honor "The Most Prestigious Sustainability Awards - Top Ten Domestic Corporate in Taiwan". Group Chairman John Yu attends the award ceremony on November 22 on behalf of CTCI, and accepts the award from Vice President Chen Chien-jen.
CTCI has been recognized for its global CSR practices numerous times, as Group Chairman Yu said: "For CTCI, CSR is not just about donating money to charity. It is about turning CSR into a core competency and striving to incorporate it in the company's DNA". CTCI has actively responded to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and defined a 2020 sustainability development vision for CTCI. Additional projects in economic, environmental and social development were launched, as it marches towards the grand vision of shared values. CTCI, ECOVE and CTCI ASI were recognized with 14 awards in this year's TCSA, including: "The Most Prestigious Sustainability Awards - Top Ten Domestic Corporate in Taiwan" and "TOP 50 Taiwan Sustainable Enterprise Award" in comprehensive performance; "TOP 50 Platinum Report Award" and "English Reportage Award" in sustainability report; "Supply Chain Management Award", "Circular Economy Leadership Award", "Growth through Innovation Award", "Social Inclusion Award", "People Development Award", "Transparency and Integrity Award" and others for performance in specific category; CTCI English reports have also won the recognition of Global Corporate Sustainability Awards (GCSA). The CEO of CTCI GSS, Ming-Cheng Hsiao, was invited to the Global Corporate Sustainability Forum on November 23 to deliver a speech titled "CTCI 40 Years, A Pilot of Sustainability" and share CTCI's global sustainability practices and how it pursues sustainable growth based on its "Most Reliable" brand spirit.
CTCI has been issuing CSR reports since 2008, and is the first company in Taiwan to pass third-party international verification. Its excellent CSR performance has also been recognized by domestic and international sustainability assessment agencies, with inclusion of component in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI), Taiwan Sustainability Index (TWSI), as well as winning awards such as Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility Award from CommonWealth Magazine. With its core technology in professional engineering and its "Most Reliable" brand spirit, CTCI will continue to integrate resources in global engineering, intelligent solutions, and resource cycling. It will exert corporate influence to cooperate with supply chain manufacturers along with domestic and international partners. Through all-around engineering services, CTCI will strive to create a sustainable lifestyle. CTCI also wishes to become an important CSR driver for global progress and sustainability.
- 2018/09CTCI Selected as a Member of DJSI Component for 4 Years in a Row: the Only Enterprise Elected in Engineering & Construction Industry in TaiwanRobecoSAM recently announced the results of 2018 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) components. CTCI has been selected in the Emerging Markets index for 4 years in a row, and is the only enterprise selected in Taiwan’s Engineering & Construction industry. This year, CTCI improves itself to the 4th place in the Engineering & Construction category, and retained the top place in the Economic Dimension, sustains its position as an industry leader in Taiwan.
In 2018, totally 3,504 companies were invited by RobecoSAM globally to participate in the DJSI Index assessment, while CTCI was listed by DJSI in its Emerging Markets index. For Emerging Markets index, 94 enterprises, including CTCI, were selected from the 802 participating enterprises. This year, CTCI is highly recognized for its performances in Economic and Social Dimension, which ranks the 1st and 2nd place among its peers, respectively. It also performs well in non-financial criteria including Policy Influence, Codes of Business Conduct, Supply Chain Management, Environmental Policy & Management Systems, Human Capital Development, as well as Occupational Health and Safety. In 2017, CTCI launched a Fast Track Talent Development Program to systematically build the required capabilities in high-potential employees to meet the requirements for talents in the long-term. This has also helped CTCI to make a breakthrough in the Human Capital Development criterion, and for which it was given a full mark. Additionally, CTCI implemented sustainability impact assessment and is the first enterprise certified with ISO 45001:2018 by International Standard Organization. CTCI also convened a Supplier Meeting to partners with its global suppliers to fulfill corporate social responsibility and exert their collective global influences.
In recent years, CTCI’s CSR practice is widely recognized by various
quarters; it is once again listed among “Top 100 for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility” by CommonWealth Magazine, and was also recognized with various achievements in Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Awards (TCSA), including "The Most Prestigious Sustainability Awards - Top Ten Domestic Corporate" award. CTCI is committed to continuously deliver world-class performance in three major aspects of corporate governance, environmental sustainability, and social responsibility fulfillment.
- 2018/07CTCI and Its Subsidiary Listed by the Newly Launched Taiwan Sustainability IndexHaving a high confidence level of non-profit organizations and academically independent professionalism, Taiwan Sustainability Index (TWSI) is the first system in Taiwan sorting international and domestic integrated indicators. According to the selection result published by TWSI, CTCI Corp. and its subsidiary, ECOVE ENC, are both on the list of top 40listed components. CTCI Corp. even ranks top 1/3 on this list. In this competition, CTCI Corp. and ECOVE ENC both stood out among 209 excellent candidates for their sustainable development performance. When pursuing the business growth, these companies can also juggle the sustainable development in economic, environmental and social aspects to create a positive cycle and a win-win-win situation for companies, investors and the society.
TWSI is a high confidence level index selected by both Taiwan Institute for Sustainable Energy (TAISE) and College of Business in National Taipei University that cooperated with each other. The selection is based on the SEED standards, including fours aspects such as society (S), economics (E), environment (E) and disclosure (D) and combining with more than 300 international and domestic indicators, as well as top academic research discoveries. In addition, among 209 candidates participating in Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Awards (TCSA) over last years, they selected those outstanding companies that fulfilled the corporate social responsibility and promoted the sustainable development. According to the data integration made by both sides and based on the cross analysis, the top 40 components with comprehensive performance were selected. Their market capitalization weighted index covers about 43.85% of the total market capitalization.
In recent years, CTCI has been awarded recognition for its corporate social responsibility as well as the promotion of sustainable development. CTCI not only has been selected for years as a component of the Emerging Markets Index by Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI), selected on the list of CommonWealth Magazine for the Top 50 for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility but also received many awards such as The Most Prestigious Sustainability Awards-Top Ten Domestic Corporate, Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Awards of TCSA, etc. What's more, CTCI Education Foundation (CTCI EF) dedicates itself to promoting the sustainable education and sharing sustainable development results and experience with other countries via global activities in order to capture the value of sustainability and make this society a better place.
- 2018/06Continuing to Support EPA’s Beach Cleaning Campaign, CTCI Teams Up to Guard Taiwan’s CoastlineIn response to the EPA’s island-wide beach cleaning and beach adopting campaign, CTCI has made commitment to contribute its share to be a guiding force for Taiwan’s coastline and has planned a beach cleaning campaign at Yangchouzi coastline, Tamsui, New Taipei City. On June 9, CTCI held the 2nd beach cleaning activity, while the 1st session of which had been held in 2017. With CTCI’s participation as an enterprise, it is hoped that the public may be encouraged to join us to preserve the picturesque coastline of Taiwan.
It was a fair sunny day when the activity was held, and nearly 60 CTCI colleagues, family, and friends participated in beach cleaning with great passion. Along with any other participants, the CEO of Group Shared Services Mr. Ming-Cheng Hsiao attended the event to cheer colleagues up and personally toiled under the sun to pick up trash at the beach. The beach adopted by CTCI is 1 km in length, and the trash collected include waste and floating garbage like styrofoam, bottle glass, plastic bottles, fishing net, etc. The organizer Brand Management Department then selected the winning groups with the “Golden Weight Award”, “Golden Volume Award”, and “Golden Color Award” based on the weight, volume, and type of trash collected by each group. When seeing the cleaned beach, the participants were thrilled with a feeling of achievement and decided to sign up for the next session of this meaningful campaign.
CTCI believes that continuous supporting the beach adopting project is a vital part of building a sustainable home for all. The next session is scheduled to be held on September 29, and we invite more colleagues and family member to join us and join hands to contribute a share to the sustainability of the marine ecology.
- 2018/04CTCI Is One of the Leading Corporations Certified to ISO 45001:2018 in Global Engineering IndustryThe Taiwan-based international EPC contractor CTCI continually improves occupational health and safety performance in the workplace and is recently certified to the first international occupational health and safety management system standard published by International Standard Organization, ISO 45001:2018. The certification shows its commitment to follow the trend of the international standard and build an even healthier and safer working environment, realizing the vision of becoming the most reliable global engineering services provider.
In the certification ceremony of ISO 45001:2018 on April 12, the CEO of CTCI Group Shared Services, Ming-Cheng Hsiao, stated: “CTCI takes the lead in being certified to ISO Occupational Health and Safety Standard in global engineering industry and this is the result of our teamwork; it also shows that CTCI actively takes the responsibility of HSE management and continues to surpass ourselves”. The Senior General Manager of HSE Management Department, Daniel Ting was also invited to give a speech on “How CTCI becomes a leader in building OHS management connected to global networks” in the ceremony to share CTCI’s experience in the transition to the OHS management system.
ISO 45001:2018 is the latest international standard that published on March 12, 2018 and developed by experts from more than 70 countries. It is expected that ISO 45001:2018 will take the place of the broadly implemented OHSAS 18001 to facilitate corporations to continually improve their OHS performance in the workplace. CTCI, with nearly 4 decades of development in the global EPC lump sum contracting markets, sets a model for sustainable operations in the industry with the HSE policy of “Insist on Safety as the First Priority”. Besides being evaluated as top 5% of the TWSE listed companies and the Taipei Exchange (TPEx) listed companies in the Corporate Governance Evaluation for years, CTCI has been selected for Emerging Markets Index membership for Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) in the field of Engineering & Construction Industry in Taiwan for 3 consecutive years, and placed within the Top 100 for International Design Firms and International Contractors by Engineering News-Record magazine. In 2018, CTCI wins the REBRAND 100® Global Awards for successful brand transformation.
- 2018/03CTCI Partners with Global Suppliers to March towards SustainabilityAs the largest domestic turnkey contractor, CTCI has won international recognition for its brilliant corporate social responsibility obligation performances over the years. CTCI has held a "Towards Sustainability - Better Together" 2018 CTCI Supplier Meeting on March 22, 2018, in hopes to collaborate with its supplier partners to fulfill corporate social responsibility and exert their collective global influences. CTCI also shared and promoted its business sustainability philosophy and achievements in order to build consensus, grow together, and create innovative opportunities in terms of environment, economic, and social sustainability development orientations.
A total of 24 suppliers from Eurasian region including Italy, Spain, China, Taiwan, India, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong were invited to participate, and a total of 44 high-level executives of these suppliers have attended this meeting. Todd Chen, President of EPC Operations, Ming-Cheng Hsiao, President of Group Shared Services, and Ting-Chuang Li, Senior Manager of the Procurement Division have represented the company to welcome the global suppliers during the event and shared the sustainable development and business outlooks of CTCI. Meanwhile, two heavyweight scholars/experts, Dr. Eugene Chien, Chairman of the Taiwan Institute for Sustainable Energy (TAISE) and Dr. Yang Ku, CEO of TAISE, were invited to give keynote speeches on the topics of "International Development Trends and Targets for Sustainable Development" and "Sustainable Supply Chain management," respectively. Their speeches explored the key connections and impacts from the implementation of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) toward enterprise sustainable management, social responsibility investment, sustainable supply chain management, etc. The goal of the meeting was to enable participants to have a clearer knowledge and understanding of the sustainable enterprise operations and supplier management practices, and enable everyone to cooperate more closely.
During the meeting, CTCI specifically described its policies on quality management, Safety, Health and Environment policies, procurement operation procedures, and supplier management, as well as providing its future business outlooks. CTCI also awarded medals to manufacturers that have supplied excellent products in order to show recognition and gratitude for their support. The objective is to inspire more vendors to create intimate partnership opportunities with CTCI on a win-win basis.
As a member of the global village, CTCI has continued to fulfill its corporate social responsibility while pursuing enterprise growth in hopes to achieve corporate social responsibility with its partners together. In addition to being the first company to have its CSR reports to receive third-party verification in Taiwan, CTCI has also become the first in Taiwan to be selected by the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) for three years in a row since 2015, and the only Taiwanese company selected for the engineering industry category. In addition to establishing sustainable supplier chain development strategies, CTCI has also counseled and assisted suppliers to enhance their international capabilities. CTCI has also enhanced their awareness and corporate social responsibility executions via continuous sharing and advocacy. The goal is to enable the global suppliers and CTCI to grow together, and jointly move towards the path of sustainability.
- 2018/01CTCI Education Foundation Launches "2018 Taiwan in My Eyes - 120h"--
Sustainable Development through the Eyes of Students from 22 CountriesThe first session of "2018 Taiwan in My Eyes - 120h" is a joint effort from CTCI EF and TAISE. The opening ceremony was held at CTCI headquarters on January 22, where Group Chairmen John T. Yu and CTCI EF Chairman Eugene Chien presented team flags to 12 university delegations from the island. 22 nationalities were represented, including 12 ROC nationals and 36 foreign students. Through their vision, inspiration and creativity, they shared Taiwan's experience in sustainable development on social media in 120 hours using different languages. A diverse, beautiful and insightful Taiwan is presented to the rest of the world.
17 UN sustainable development goals have been incorporated into "Taiwan in My Eyes - 120h". In addition, five major sites have been identified based on five themes (construction engineering, communications commission development, sustainable air navigation and weather services, environmental education, technological innovation and transformation). The sites include CTCI, FarEasTone, Eva Air, CTCI ECOVE Miaoli Incinerator Plant, Tainan Science Park Bureau, among others. The first stop is CTCI headquarters. where chairman John T. Yu highlights CTCI's rise from a domestic company to Global Top 100 after 40 years of hard work. It is also the only Taiwanese engineering company to be included in the DJSI three years running. Besides leading efforts in sustainable engineering domestically and internationally, CTCI has been actively engaged in the resource cycling industry. To fulfill corporate social responsibility, CTCI EF was also created in 2016 with the aim of cultivating young talents, improving education and creating lifelong learning environments. This is the perfect example of CTCI's desire to increase social influence and improve national competitiveness.
"Taiwan in My Eyes - 120h" is an international educational program launched by CTCI EF in the previous year. Through explorations, observations and field trips in Taiwan, foreign students will gain a better understanding of sustainable development and education on the island.
For all of our latest news, visit:
CTCI Education Foundation Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/pg/CTCIEF/posts/
Center for Corporate Sustainability Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/ccstw/
- 2017/11CTCI Group Reports Brilliant Sustainable Performance and Receives 10 TCSA AwardsCTCI Group took home 10 awards at the 2017 Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Awards (TCSA). Chairman John T. Yu attended the award ceremony and also received the highest honor, "The Most Prestigious Sustainability Awards - Top Ten Domestic Corporate" award from Vice President Chen Chien-Jen. The award ceremony was held on November 23 at Howard Civil Service International House. This year, 143 corporations have entered the award competition, and their total business volume accounts for 83% of Taiwan's GDP. This is the most prestigious and iconic award for domestic corporate social responsibility.
CTCI Group has always performed well in the past in sustainability performance, and this year CTCI won the most prestigious award, "The Most Prestigious Sustainability Awards - Top Ten Domestic Corporate" award in the overall performance category, while continuing to rank on "Top 50 Service Industry Group Report Gold Award" in the Sustainability Report category. CTCI also won "Transparency and Integrity Award", "Growth through Innovation Award", and "Social Inclusion Award" in individual performance category. ECOVE Environment Corporation won the "TOP 50 Corporate Sustainability Award" in the overall performance category this year for the first time. ECOVE Environment Corporation won the "TOP 50 Corporate Sustainability Award" in the overall performance category this year for the first time, and the company also brought home the "Service Industry Group Report Gold Award" in the Sustainability Report category as well as "Transparency Integrity Award" and “Circular Economy Leadership Award" in individual performance category. This year also marks the debut of CTCI Advanced System Inc. in the award, and it has already won the recognition in the Sustainability Report category with "TOP 50 Service Group Report Gold Award".
CTCI Group has been issuing CSR report since 2008. The Group is not only the first enterprise in Taiwan to obtain third-party certification from the British Standards Institution (BSI), but also the first to be selected as the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for three consecutive years since 2015. CTCI hopes to adopt Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) set forth by the UN as its long-term strategic guideline for sustainable development. CTCI wishes to exert corporate influence together with its domestic and foreign partners, supply chain vendors, and stakeholders to become one of the powers that promotes sustainable development and global progress.
- 2017/9CTCI Selected as a Member of DJSI Component for Three Years in a RowRobecoSAM announced the results of 2017 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) components on September 7th. CTCI has once again been selected in the Emerging Markets index for three years in a row, and is the only enterprise selected in Taiwan’s Engineering & Construction industry.
The DJSI compares a company’s performance to those of its peers, in order to identify best practices across the economic, social and environmental dimensions of corporate sustainable development, including Corporate Governance, Risk & Crisis Management, Supply Chain Management, Climate Strategy, Environmental Policy & Management Systems, Human Capital Development, Materiality, Occupational Health and Safety, etc. Special question items are designed for different industries as well. This year, CTCI scores exceptionally well, apart from improving itself to the sixth place in the Engineering & Construction category, CTCI scores the highest in the Engineering & Construction industry in the Economic Dimension in the percentile ranking. Moreover, CTCI is highly recognized for performances in Non-financial Project Evaluation, Supply Chain Management, Climate Strategy, Environmental Policy & Management Systems, Environmental Reporting, Social Reporting, as well as Occupational Health and Safety. This year, CTCI once again delivers world-class performance in three major aspects of corporate governance, environmental sustainability, and social responsibility fulfillment.
In recent years, CTCI’s CSR practice is widely recognized by various quarters; not only has it been continuously evaluated as Top 5% for listed companies’ information transparency in the Corporate Governance Evaluation System conducted by Taiwan Stock Exchange Corporation and Taipei Exchange; in 2016, CTCI once again listed among “Top 100 for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility” by CommonWealth Magazine. With excellent performance in corporate sustainability, CTCI was also recognized with various achievements in 2016 Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Awards (TCSA), including “Sustainable Corporate Award,” gold medal for “Corporate Sustainability Report Award,” “Transparency and Integrity Award,” and “Growth through Innovation Award”. CTCI Group Chairman John T. Yu has been honored as the “Outstanding Corporate Sustainability Professional” as well.
- 2017/08CTCI Corp. and KD Holding Listed among “Top 100 for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility” by CommonWealth Magazine in 2017The CommonWealth Magazine announced the winning enterprises of 2017 Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility. This year, CTCI Corporation’s ranking in the category of “large enterprise” ascends to the 22nd from the 28th in 2016, 6 places ahead; KD Holding continues to rank the 3rd in the category of “mid-size enterprise”. The award ceremony will be held on August 25th.
CTCI has been continuously honored with the award for several years and scores high in the aspects of “Corporate Governance”, “Corporate Commitment”, “Social Engagement”, and “Environmental Protection” this time. On top of carrying on stable growth with determination and sustainable operations, CTCI implements green engineering technology to provide its clients with cost-effective, eco-friendly energy-saving solutions to innovate and enhance its green competitiveness in the industry, while also encouraging subcontractors to engage in environmental practices. It is a sincere hope of CTCI to exert its influence to the value supply chain and thus reduce pollutions and risks that may cause harms to human being and environments, making great efforts to preserve the eco-environment.
With its emphasis on minimizing the air pollution issue for incineration plants, KD Holding once again ranks the 3rd at the list under the category of “mid-size enterprise” this year. With conducts including inviting local residents and students of surrounding areas for on-site visit of incineration plants to advocate energy saving and resource recycling concepts, KD Holding’s performance is well recognized by the judging panel. Winning the prize is a great honor for KD and CTCI Corporation, affirming CTCI’s efforts in fulfilling CSR.
- 2017/04CTCI Partakes in EPA’s Beach Clean-up & Adopting CampaignApril 22 is the Earth Day celebrated worldwide, and Environmental Protection Administration, Executive Yuan organized “2017 Beach Clean-up and Adopting” campaign throughout the island. CTCI was invited to attend the opening press conference on April 10 and partake in related activities.
CTCI has long been promoting and developing in green engineering and resource cycling business, expecting to protect the environment and requite the society with our engineering expertise. By responding to this campaign, we hope to connect with local environmentalists, community organizations and volunteers, and become a guardian of Taiwan’s coastlines to contribute our share for environmental protection. By far, 341 units throughout the island have taken part in this beach adopting campaign, while the total coastline adopted is 347 km.
- 2016/12Grooming of Engineering Talent—The CTCI Education Foundation ScholarshipThe CTCI Education Foundation Scholarship award, each valued at NT$100,000, was presented to 10 outstanding students at a ceremony held on Dec. 17, 2016, at the headquarters of CTCI.
Speaking on the occasion, the Group Vice-Chairman, Michael T. H. Yang hoped that CTCI would be able to nurture the domestic engineering talent through this scholarship, and help the students make their contribution to the whole society at large.
CTCI has established this scholarship in 2011, and formed CTCI Education Foundation in 2016 to cultivate and reward outstanding young students. This year, the evaluation of the scholarship has been made more rigorous involving scrutiny of academic achievement, recommendations from faculty, monographic study proposal, and interviews. CTCI hopes that these efforts would strengthen the link between the industry and academia, and help students learn the practices followed by the industry.
The guests at the ceremony included Prof. Shang-Hsien from NTU, Prof. Sheam-Chyun Lin from NTUST, Prof. Cheng-ChienKuo from NTUST, Associate Prof. Chang-Yu Lin from NCTU, winners of the scholarship and their families, and the departmental heads of CTCI. As 2016 is the first year of the formation of the CTCI brand, the Brand Management Department introduced Brand Spirit -- Most Reliable, with a view to build its association with the Most Reliable, Advanced Technical Skills, Industry 4.0, and Friendly people.
After the conclusion of the ceremony, a tea party was arranged wherein the invited students, faculty, and managers of CTCI interacted with each other to help the students gain a knowledge of the functioning of CTCI.
The following is the list of the winners of 2016 CTCI Education Foundation scholarship:
‧Department of Civil Engineering, NTU: Bo-Cing Lee, Ming-Hsiang, Li,Jun-Da Chen, and Tzu-Wei Kuo
‧Department of Chemical Engineering, NTU: Li-JiJhang
‧Department of Mechanical Engineering, NTUST: Wei-Lien Chen
‧Department of Electrical Engineering, NTUST: Hong-Yi Chien
‧Department of Civil and Construction Engineering, NTUST: Yu-Sheng Chiang
‧Department of Civil Engineering, NCTU: Eric Chen
‧Department of Chemical Engineering, NCKU: Shu-Bo Yang
- 2016/11CTCI Recognized with Various Achievements in 2016 Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Awards (TCSA)With achievements in enhancing the competitiveness of the engineering industry and fulfillment to our green commitment, CTCI has delivered excellence in corporate sustainability and is thus recognized with various achievements in 2016 Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Awards (TCSA). Group Chairman John T. Yu has been honored as the “Outstanding Corporate Sustainability Professional” and at the same time, CTCI received “Sustainable Corporate Award,” gold medal for “Corporate Sustainability Report Award,” “Transparency and Integrity Award,” and “Growth through Innovation Award”. KD Holding, subsidiary of CTCI, has also been granted with a bronze medal for “Corporate Sustainability Report Award” and “Transparency and Integrity Award.”
CTCI is the first Taiwanese enterprise to have its Corporate Sustainability Report verified by a third party. As a leader in domestic engineering industry, CTCI has not only introduced innovative engineering technologies, but has integrated sustainable strategies into aspects of Operation & Governance, Environmental Protection, and Social Participation. In Operation & Governance, we are an active advocate of integrity operation, information disclosure, and risk management. In terms of Environmental Protection, we adopt green engineering management to influence subcontractors in the supply chain, to jointly contribute to the goal of a greener environment. While in term of social participation, we fulfill corporate social responsibilities with due faith and has established CTCI Education Foundation to engage in volunteering activities, expecting to contributing to engineering talent fostering and greater social concern. With all its active practices, CTCI has been continuously recognized with major Taiwanese awards, and since 2015 it has been selected for the 2nd year as a member of Dow Jones Sustainability Indices in the Emerging Market, becoming the only engineering company selected in Taiwan.
In the days to come, CTCI will continue to hold fast to our brand spirit “Most Reliable” as a driving force to lead us forward, and crate a multi-win situation among our partners, vendors in the supply chain, and stakeholders.
- 2016/08CTCI Corporation Moves Upward in Several Rankings of 2016 ENR MagazineThe rankings of 2016 Engineering News-Record magazine (ENR) had been released. CTCI Corporation has once again performed remarkably and moved itself upwards in the rankings of international contractors, global contractors, and international design firms. For the items of the Top International Design Firms and Top International Contractors, CTCI Corporation are even placed within the Top 100 this time.
ENR, a prestigious international magazine, conducts its surveys for engineering companies annually. ENR rankings have strong credibility and are important indexes for international engineering industry. ENR rankings have two main categories which are design firms and contractors based on company’s annual sales revenues. Among the ENR rankings, companies in the "International" list are ranked on the basis of overseas revenues, whereas companies in the "Global" list are ranked according to their total revenues regardless of where the project is located. In recent years, CTCI Corporation constantly makes efforts on growth and successfully expands the international markets by enhancing the technical level, profitability, and international visibility. Therefore, CTCI Corporation continues to jump in rankings among international engineering companies.
- 2016/08CTCI Corp. Certified with AA1000 and ISO 14064-1 for its Corporate Sustainability Report 2015 and GHG Inventory VerificationCTCI has been certified with high level of AA1000 Assurance Standard for its Corporate Sustainability Report 2015 and ISO 14064-1 Greenhouse gases Part 1: Specification by the British Standards Institution, Taiwan branch (BSI Taiwan). The accreditation ceremony was held on 14 June 2016 in the conference room at the 17th floor of CTCI headquarters. On behalf of CTCI, President Michael Yang received the certification from Peter Pu, Managing Director of BSI Taiwan.
Since 2008, CTCI has been publishing Corporate Sustainability Report (CSR Report) for nine consecutive years, demonstrating the determination and actions of CTCI in carrying out sustainable development and fulfilling social responsibilities. Facing the ever worsening global warming issue, CTCI has also conducted greenhouse gas (GHG) inventory verification starting from this year for its headquarters and project sites, both are within the borders of CTCI’s operation scope. The ISO 14064-1 certification is given to recognize CTCI’s GHG inventory verification conducted from 2012 to 2015. To expand its influence, CTCI also plans to gradually promote GHG inventory verification for the subcontractors and lower GHG emissions together with partners of the value supply chain to fulfill corporate social responsibilities by cooling the earth.
- 2016/08CTCI Corporation, CTCI Advanced Systems Inc., and KD Holding Corporation Evaluated as Top 5% in the “2015 Corporate Governance Evaluation System”Taiwan Stock Exchange Corporation (“TWSE”) and Taipei Exchange (“TPEx”) announced the top 50% of the 2015 Corporate Governance Evaluation Results. CTCI Corporation (CTCI Corp.) and its subsidiaries, CTCI Advanced Systems Inc. (CTCI ASI) and KD Holding Corporation (KD), were evaluated as top 5% of the TWSE listed companies and the TPEx listed companies.
The award ceremony was held on June 16, 2016 at Taipei International Convention Center and Mr. Kung-Wha Ding, the Chairman of Financial Supervisory Commission, Mr. Sush-Der Lee, the Chairman of TWSE, and Mr. Chi-Hsien Lee, the acting Chairman of TPEx, attended the ceremony as award presenters. Mr. Michael Yang, President of CTCI, Mr. Hwei-Nan Yih, Chairman of ASI, and Mr. John Lin, Chairman of KD, received the awards on behalf of CTCI Corp., CTCI ASI and KD, respectively.
The TWSE and TPEx launched “Corporate Governance Evaluation System”, conducted by the Securities and Futures Institute (“SFI”) to evaluate the performance of corporate governance among listed companies. The evaluation indicators comprise the 5 categories and 98 indicators: protecting shareholder rights and interests, treating shareholders equitably, enhancing board composition and operation, increasing information transparency, and putting corporate social responsibility into practice.
In 2015, all the entries in the evaluation include 824 TWSE-listed companies and 623 TPEx-listed companies as a whole. The awards demonstrate that the CTCI companies obey the laws and regulations and voluntarily improve the corporate governance.
- 2016/08CTCI Honored with Various Awards by Chinese Institute of Engineers in 2016In 2016, CTCI is honored with various awards by Chinese Institute of Engineers (CIE). The award ceremony took place at the 2016 General Assembly of CIE held together with the Engineer’s Day Celebration on June 3, 2016.
．CTCI Associate Chief Engineer Chia-Cheng Wei and Assistant Chief Engineer Chao-Ching Cho Honored with Outstanding Engineer Award
Mr. Chia-Cheng Wei has been serving in CTCI for over two decades, during which he demonstrated great leadership by delivering extraordinary performance in project executions and won the trusts by clients and colleagues with his focus on both theory and practice and attentiveness in each and every task. Mr. Wei has also helped promoted value engineering, 3D animation simulation constructability study, six sigma in process control, and iEPC, and hence made great contributions to enhance the competitiveness of domestic engineering industry.
Serving in CTCI for over 20 years till now, Mr. Chao-ching Ching Cho has accumulated rich experiences in overseas project executions and working together with other renowned engineering companies abroad ; his expertise in process technology ranges from petrochemical refinery, power plants, to environmental services. Mr. Cho’s professionalism and dedication to every task of executing large-scale overseas projects has made him a model and great mentor for younger engineers in the field of process engineering.
．Mr. Y. C. Kuo, Plant Chief of Sino Environmental Services Corp. Honored with Excellent Young Engineers Award
Mr. Y. C. Kuo, plant chief of SESC, has been serving in Wurih Incineration Plant for over 10 years by starting as an entry level engineer. Mr. Kuo’s job responsibility includes operation and management of the incineration plant; with his extraordinary performance, he has been recognized with Eminent Contribution Awards for Private Participation in Infrastructure Projects (PPIPs) by Public Construction Commission, Executive Yuan and is a two-time winner of EPA Audit and Evaluation Outstanding Award. Additionally, Mr. Kuo has participated in the technology R&D of large incineration plants and enhancement of equipment effectiveness, including sludge co-combustion technology, and establishment of treatment procedure for waste solvents and sludge, and also helped the company acquiring patents. The technologies were applied in incineration plants operations, and enhance the technological reliability.
．CTCI Advanced Systems Inc. Awarded Distinguished Construction and Business Institution Award
The vision of CTCI Advanced Systems Inc. (CTCI ASI) is to be “The Leading Solution Provider of Industrial Intelligence”. Referring to its future expectation, CTCI ASI provides advanced technologies to build up an intelligent and sustainable industrial environment. For decades, with plenty of technical experiences, healthy financial and manage systems, CTCI ASI is the leading company in information services and systems integration business in Taiwan. At a steady pace, CTCI ASI insists on the principles of professionalism, integrity, teamwork, and innovation. After accumulating energy and strengthening itself, CTCI ASI has expanded the market internationally. In 2002, CTCI ASI stock went public and had since received the highest ranking in Information Disclosure and Transparency Ranking System by Taiwan Stock Exchange Corporation (TWSE) for7 years in a row. From 2015 to 2016, CTCI ASI has been listed as TOP 5% in Corporate Governance Evaluation System by TWSE.